Embedded Audio Staff Software Engineer
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As an Embedded Audio Staff Software Engineeron a high impact strategic initiative beyond the core business, you will be responsible to design, implement, and port embedded audio software that enables the next generation of immersive entertainment experiences created by Dolby.The candidate hired for this position will be part of an engineering team based in San Francisco that works with cutting-edge technologies in a fast-paced and creative environment. This team is responsible for developing innovative Dolby-branded consumer electronics, including the recently announced Dolby Dimension headphones This unique position presents the opportunity for the right candidate to work with some of Dolby's most advanced technologies, by incorporating them into innovative products and enabling direct-to-consumer experiences. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is passionate about technology and possesses an innate understanding of the principles that underpin good software design and employs these principles through the design process.
- Adapt Dolby's proprietary audio algorithms for deployment in practical consumer applications
- Port algorithms to applicable embedded targets (DSP and ARM), with both fixed point and floating point targets
- Optimize algorithms to ensure best performance while maintaining a low power consumption envelope
- Work with engineering teams to integrate audio algorithms into actual products
To be Successful
The successful candidate will have prior experience with embedded audio software in the context of high volume consumer electronics. Your experience contributing to the designing, developing and porting to embedded projects will be important. Experience with end-to-end product development, including the SW integration in a HW environment will be valuable. Understanding the tools needed for embedded audio software product development and releases will be essential.
You will need to work effectively in a highly technical cross functional global environment interfacing directly with various technical leaders across Dolby.
Other Essential Skills Include
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) and 6-10 years experience.
- Proficiency in developing software in C/C++.
- Deep understanding of embedded audio software development.
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing audio processing signal chains.
- Demonstrable experience developing efficient (memory, CPU and bandwidth) software for both floating and fixed point targets.
- Demonstrable experience in control and configuration of the audio software from the applications layer.
- Deep understanding of audio and digital signal processing.
- Knowledge about interactions among UI layer to middleware and to kernel level is a plus.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python and LUA is a plus.
- Familiarity with the tools used in assessing SW robustness.
- Proficiency in MATLAB and Python
- Experience with multicore DSP development is a plus
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Back to top