Ecosystem Specialist, Windows PC
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Job Title: Ecosystem Manager, Windows PC
Dolby and Microsoft are both part of the everyday experience of billions of people around the world. As one of Dolby's strategic partners, we work together to change the way people interact with media in their daily lives. Come define how we create spectacular experiences for Microsoft's customers.
For over fifty years, Dolby has advanced the science of sight and sound to create spectacular experiences which exceed expectations. We tackle the hard problems, together with our partners, to change the way media is experienced. By building solutions which address all aspects of the media lifecycle (create, distribute, present), Dolby creates virtuous cycles that lift the industry to new levels.
Responsibility and Duties
The Ecosystem Manager creates and drives business value for Dolby through our relationship with Microsoft, and our unique strengths, capabilities and products. This role is focused on PC-based opportunities within this ecosystem, specifically for graphics and audio-related technologies. Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Partner for success - The Ecosystem Manager is the consistent bridge between Microsoft (and related partner) technical and product leaders and Dolby's internal teams. As the consistent face of the business, the Ecosystem Manager is essential to formulating and executing effective solution-based strategy. Some travel will be involved.
- Participate in innovation - Leveraging the understanding of the Microsoft ecosystem and our business strategy to address customers in Microsoft's markets, the Ecosystem Manager is an active stakeholder in the Dolby core teams to determine and deliver the innovation necessary for success.
- Collaborate with the Account Management organization - With the Strategic Accounts team, the Ecosystem Manager provides deep understanding of how Microsoft's and Dolby's businesses intersect to create effective account plans for our engagement with Microsoft and related partners.
- Manage performance and key metrics - Our presence in the PC market contributes materially to Dolby's success. By engaging across all aspects of a Dolby solution, we create more value than the individual components alone. The Ecosystem Manager tracks and manages performance against the metrics and indicators of holistic success success.
Dolby has a long history of creating innovation, value and spectacular experiences by creating solutions that span from media creation to consumption. We continue to apply this ecosystem-level approach to new opportunities in a variety of audio, visual and related applications.
The Ecosystem Manager reports to the Senior Director, OS Ecosystems in the Consumer Entertainment Business Group. The role will involve collaboration with other Business Groups, as well as our research and advanced development organizations.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years' experience as a Technical Product Manager or similar role bringing products from initial concept to market deployment
- Understanding of DirectX 12 and the graphics architecture of Windows
- Development experience with media infrastructure in Windows and streaming media delivery highly desirable
- Demonstrable capability formulating and communicating service-centric solution-level value propositions
- Experience defining and driving multi-year, multi-product roadmaps
- Ability to bridge technical, user experience, and business worlds
- Effectiveness working in matrixed organizations
- Deep familiarity with the PC industry and its business structure
- BS in Engineering or related field or related experience
- MBA Preferred
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Back to top