DSP Software Engineer - Consumer Entertainment
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The Company continues to grow in 2018 with several key engineering positions opening up; for this position, we invite applications from outstanding candidates for the role ofDSP Software Engineerwithin theConsumer Entertainment Technology Team.This high-performance team concentrates on bleeding edge next-generation immersive audio - with a consumer home focus. It has been responsible for developing cutting-edge technologies with worldwide impact such asDolby Atmos, Dolby AC-4,Dolby Digital Plus, andDolby Headphone.
This position will be responsible for the design and implementation of world-leading audio processing technologies. Applicants require abackground in audio DSP and software development, a passion for audio and technologyand a high level of motivation and initiative. You'll needskills relevant to the entire chain of algorithm development in Dolby, from research and algorithm prototyping, software and DSP implementation, to testing and quality assurance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
- Demonstrated proficiency implementing algorithms in C;
- Proficiency using Python as a scripting language and a scientific computing tool;
- Experience designing and implementing digital signal processing algorithms;
- Create and experiment to develop solutions to signal processing problems using tools such as Matlab.
- Understand and work with audio interfaces on various desktop, mobile and embedded platforms.
- Identify and specify engineering and performance requirements.
- Optimise low-level, performance-critical code on PCs and DSPs.
- Familiar with software engineering design patterns and apply these to develop well-structured code.
- Write portable software in C/C++.
- Write real-time signal processing applications on various platforms.
- Experience with embedded systems and real-time operating systems;
- Knowledge of different processor architectures and how to implement efficient code for different architectures;
- Exceptional collaboration skills;
Highly regarded attributes:
- Higher degrees (Masters or PhD);
- Audio algorithm development experience, particularly involving audio signal processing;
- Experience conducting acoustic measurements and critical listening;
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top