Dolby Vision Staff Software Engineer
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Be part of the exciting future of entertainment and add your talents to those of an amazing team. For more than 40 years, Dolby has led the way in developing creative entertainment products and technologies used by consumers and professionals worldwide. Innovations from Dolby can be heard in consumer audio and video products, entertainment software, and professional sound applications, including music recording, broadcasting, and sound for motion pictures.
Now Dolby is defining High Dynamic Range (HDR) Imaging systems for delivering breathtaking experiences in the Cinema, in the home and on the go. Our long-standing dedication to research and development enables our focus to remain on solutions that work today and are prepared for the future. That's what keeps us on the leading edge of the industry.
Our company philosophy encourages creativity, collaboration, and the dream to perceive things differently. We have been recognized as one of the top 100 best places to work in the Bay Area. We offer a unique and rich array of benefits, including a flexible work schedule and an assortment of health coverage options. We're always looking for talented individuals to join our team.
The Partner Success & Support team is looking for a HDR playback system integration engineer with the expertise and dedication to work closely with partner managers and our device OEM partners, as we execute our multi-year goals in enabling and delivering Dolby Vision HDR enabled services and devices to millions of consumers around the world.
We are looking for someone with excellent verbal and written communication skills, who is self-motivated, and with an aptitude to work with personnel at all levels of the customer engineering organization. Strong work and business ethics will be key for this role.
You will demonstrate, champion and execute the integration of Dolby Vision HDR media processing and playback SDKs and serve as the partner facing technical lead and direct liaison between the partnership team and device OEM partners. In addition to device OEM partners, working directly with content distribution (streaming and MVPD Operators) partners, who are incorporating UHD 4K and Dolby Vision HDR into their services and products.
In this role, you will be running multiple partner projects with their own set of challenges and timelines, anticipating and preventing potential problems and using your own skills and internal resources.
Essential Job Functions:
Interact with partners and new prospects to conduct the business of technology licensing using a diplomatic, professional approach, including written correspondence and face-to-face meetings.
Through an extensive, long term focused training, become a technical authority in specific areas related to Dolby Vision HDR technologies.
Provide detailed integration support and deep technical knowledge to our partners who are integrating Dolby Vision into their consumer products and services.
Understand customer requirements, delivering technical presentations, technology demonstrations, and promoting the value proposition of technologies to customers. Be the technical lead for sales-orientated technical presentations and demonstrations to customers, technical staff and senior management
You'll take the lead in providing partner feedback on Dolby Vision HDR, broadening the knowledge through understanding technical trends and objectives. Work with technical groups within Dolby to resolve customer issues and improve Dolby tools and products. Help define and improve integration and testing processes
Partnering and interacting with various groups within Dolby, you will be the voice of our partners, resolving technical challenges and delivering a resolution on behalf of Dolby enabled ecosystems. Projects will require specialized technical knowledge of Dolby Vision SDKs, as well as other technologies in the ecosystem that Dolby Vision HDR relies on to be enabled.
While collaborating with Dolby Engineering and Marketing to provide recommendations and suggestions for new products and features, based on customer needs and competitive information, you'll use customer meetings to gather intelligence about customers' product plans, product requirements, competitive offering and approaches and share data with relevant internal Dolby teams.
You'll also work with Marketing as required, providing input and requirements for the design, development and execution to deliver Dolby technologies to customers.
- BSEE or similar (Physics, Engineering Technology, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc.) and 7-8 + years of experience in professional imaging and or system and application engineering.
- It is vital that applicant can quickly and deeply learn a variety of technical topics in a short time.
- 5+ years experience coding in C and/or C++. Expertise with one or more scripting languages (PERL, Python, BASH, etc.) is expected.
- Experience with video codecs, and compression standards such as H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC. Knowledge of common video analysis tools, HDMI and video perceptual quality testing. Experience with HDR a plus.
- Experience working with streaming technologies and protocols including HLS, PIFF, Smooth Streaming, Play Ready, MPEG-DASH, MP4 containers and ASF.
- Technical skills and knowledge of Streaming, Broadcast, MVPD content distribution systems and architectures is very desirable.
- Experience should include exposure to Digital Signal Processing.
- Expert is various media frameworks (ex: Android, Microsoft, Linux and other leading Operating systems) is required
- System engineering and integration
- Ability to provide global support leadership in a highly matrix, culturally diverse and geographically distributed organization is a MUST
- Position will require roughly 25% domestic & international travel.
- Experience with CUDA programming.
- Exposure to Perforce or Git, Jira and Salesforce.
- Testing professional consumer electronics products
- Knowledge of video technologies, cinema and television production and post-production workflows.
- Knowledge of Dolby's products, technologies and customers.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Back to top