Dolby Vision, Senior Support Manager
- Sunnyvale, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The Dolby Vision, Senior Support Manager will be a core member of Partner Support Strategy and Ops, a team of engineers and project managers focused on helping Dolby customers design, build, and test the end-to-end integration of Dolby Vision technology into their products and services. Note: This is not a traditional 40hr/week job. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity, love challenges and want to fulfill your dreams of helping create products that ship worldwide and proudly say, "I was part of the team!" then come join us!
Dolby Vision is an end-to-end technology solution that delivers a dramatically different visual experience to bring entertainment to life before your eyes like never seen before. It enables consumer displays like TVs, PCs, Mobiles and PC Monitors to deliver images with much greater brightness while also providing much deeper, more nuanced darks, and it renders a fuller palette of rich new colors never seen before.
Core responsibilities of the Sr Manager, Dolby Vision Applications Engineering are to provide leadership for the Dolby Vision global support program and to help deploy Dolby Vision solutions to Dolby customers. The Sr Manager, Dolby Vision Application Engineering will work closely with Dolby Vision Product Managers, Dolby product development engineers, Field Applications Engineers, Sales, and engineers from Dolby customers to perform following tasks:
- Own and lead the worldwide Dolby Vision customer Technical Support program; align regional field and sales leadership, product development, product management and marketing to define a program with a staged implementation plan.
- Develop innovative support models to meet immediate needs of the Dolby Vision Business and build strategic long-term plans to scale Dolby Vision Support operations globally.
- You will be directly responsible to help deliver transcending customer experiences while partnering with Engineering and Marketing to create Dolby Vision Products (Development Kits)
- Create and implement Dolby Vision Customer Experience Plans for Playback Customers (device OEMs and SoC partners)
- Work with technical support and product development teams to bridge the gaps between current deliverables and those required for successful launches and scale
- Define support resource requirements at each stage to meet customer engagement requirements
- Train and equip the support team to deliver the expected Customer Experience
- Actively champion support team needs and requirements with product management and product development to get to a mature state of field readiness.
- Create Technical Support project plans for Customers based on required work scope and successfully manage the execution of the projects.
- Interface with Dolby product evaluation technicians to prioritize picture quality tuning, testing of IC's, operating system integrations, and consumer electronics devices to assess and ensure compliance with Dolby Vision standards.
- Work with product development and support teams to establish in-house test facilities and reference platforms for various Dolby Vision technologies; drive consistency in test methodology across products.
- Develop Technical Support offerings for Customers, including system architectural support, systems design, and deployment methods for Dolby Vision support offerings
- Lead internal video quality reviews. Interact with external customers.
- Develop and manage a pool of regional external consultants for Technical Support
- Provide feedback to Product Marketing, Product Management, Product Engineering, and Technical Support regarding system and product improvements and new product designs, and their priorities. Provide feedback based on customer input, industry experience, and internal objectives.
- Ensure relevant information on "what works and what doesn't" learned during projects is captured for reuse in sales and support efforts.
- Meet with Dolby Customers in established and emerging markets to define and/or verify customer requirements for end-to-end integration of Dolby Vision products into their offerings.
- Provide management direction and technical leadership to Dolby field engineers worldwide.
- Organize and deliver internal and external technology presentations and demos as required.
- Support the hiring and development of appropriate Dolby Vision engineers for regional support and services.
Responsibilities are carried out on-site at customer locations as well as via email, telephone, and group-to-group meetings.
- Reflect Dolby's commitment to the highest quality products and service in all internal and external customer support activities.
- Perform duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or member of the Dolby management team, subject to approval by direct manager and/or Vice President.
- Perform tasks necessary to complete performance objectives.
- Assist team members as needed.
- M.S. or B.S. in Engineering, or equivalent related experience with 10+ years industry experience.
- Experience managing cross-functional and cross-geographic teams.
- Video engineering background is required.
- Proven track record of shipping consumer products is required.
- Travel will be required to visit suppliers, support customers, prototype build or production ramp activities.
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills and ability to work with both internal and external customers with wide range of knowledge and skill levels. Ability to adapt one's communication approach in an astute manner thereby influencing both local and international customers.
- Extensive experience in
- various media frameworks, e.g. Android, Microsoft, Linux and other leading Operating systems
- video codecs, and compression standards such as H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC .
- Experience in building & shipping video playback devices like STB, TV, DMA and mobile, etc.
- Experience working with streaming technologies and protocols including HLS, MPEG-DASH, Smooth Streaming, Play Ready, MP4 containers and Transport stream containers.
- Exposure to Digital Signal Processing.
- Hands on experience of bringing up SOCs (Board Support Package), Porting OS (Linux or any other RTOS), writing Device drivers (ex: Video in/out), is definitely a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Back to top