Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging Sr. Business Partner
- San Francisco, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
At Dolby, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DIB) is a critical business strategy that enables us to attract and grow the best talent, improve our team effectiveness, enhance our ability to innovate, and continue to deliver spectacular experiences through our technology. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Leadership, Talent, and Culture, this position will partner directly with business leaders and their teams to develop and implement function-level strategies and actions that advance DIB goals and impact business results. This position also requires excellent partnership and alignment with HR (or as we call it, the "People Team") stakeholders in Recruiting, Talent Development, Business Partners and Operations as well as Employee Networks, Product Development, and Corporate Strategy.
Essential Functions of this role:
- Partner with People team business partners and business group leaders and their leadership teams to develop specific strategies, goals and metrics to increase the diversity of our workforce and create a culture of inclusion and belonging within each business group.
- Review business group-specific and company workforce demographic data to make recommendations on goals and objectives. On a regular basis, review workforce demographic data with leaders to ensure accountability as well as monitor DIB program success and opportunities.
- Partner with our DIB People Team stakeholder groups (including recruiting, talent development, communications, business partnering) to develop programs that support actions and create a lasting and equitable professional work environment for all
- Participates on cross-functional DIB Business Council to align teams across the organization, develop best practices and activate DIB strategies throughout the organization
- Acts as a DIB subject matter expert by contributing perspective, insights, and knowledge, and taking a balanced consultative and systematic approach to enable the organization to achieve measurable results.
- Provide leadership coaching, when appropriate, to leaders via one-to-one and group interactions. Assess and reccomend training and development experiences and strategies for each function.
- Influence and partner with cross-functional working teams, including both HR and business team members, to launch on-time, effective programs
- Partner with Talent, Leadership and Culture team to integrate efforts into our desired culture, including partnership with Employee Networks to create pathways for them to impact our business
- Proactive, self-motivated - change agent that is able to face big challenges with resilience and agility
- Holistic and strategic thinker - can manage to short- and long-term plans and adapt as needed
- Ability to form strong relationships with multiple stakeholders including senior leaders, key business leads, as well as the overall DIB community
- Role model for Inclusion and Belonging
- Team player - willing to wear multiple hats
- Coaching orientation and facilitation skills to support an inclusive culture of belonging
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Back to top