Director Video Strategy & Standards
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As a leader in entertainment technologies, Dolby is dedicated to the development of next-generation audio and video technologies. The Director, IP Strategy and Video Standards position will lead the development of next-generation video-related IP licensing opportunities. The position reports to the Sr. Director, IP Strategy and Standards.
- Identify market trends, new use cases and innovative technologies that will create opportunities for development and licensing of video-related IP, especially in entertainment technologies.
- Identify potential research opportunities and guide internal R&D investment related to Dolby's core video experience focus.
- Actively engage with other technology strategists and collaborate with internal R&D teams to drive the inclusion of Dolby IP in video standards such as MPEG and 3GPP.
- Work closely with internal patent teams to capture relevant IP opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Education Required
- Significant experience with standards bodies such as MPEG or 3GPP and a successful track record in driving adoption of technological contributions
- Significant experience leading development of next-generation technologies
- Familiarity with intellectual property issues
- Excellent inter-personal skills and communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work cross-functionally in global organization
- Technical background in digital signal processing, advanced degree preferred
- Frequent domestic and international travel required
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top