Director, Product Engineering
At Dolby, we are creating spectacular user experiences at the intersection of science and art. Located in our Sydney, Australia office, you will work with world class innovators in an environment that feature our top-tier laboratories and the latest equipment to advance the science of sight and sound. As we continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment experiences we need the absolute best talent.
Dolby is transitioning from an ingredient brand to an experience brand, and we're building direct relationships with consumers. As theDirector, Product Engineering,you will work on a high impact strategic program that operates in an internal start-up environment.You will be responsible for technical strategy, and development leadership of a roadmap of new disruptive cloud hosted media streaming applications and mobile clients. You will influence and lead cross geography senior staff to spearhead product design, technology roadmap, engineering development and overall web and mobile software architecture.
You should have industry leading experience building mobile apps backed by web services in an agile continuous integration/continuous deployment environment. You have a track record in growing and managing geographically distributed software development and QA teams. This is an excellent opportunity for a senior technology leader with proven experience in successfully bringing to market highly innovative products internationally.
- Lead the technology strategy and execution for web services platform and mobile application development
- Collaborate closely with Product Owner, Product Management, UX Design and Research groups to define requirements, priorities and timelines for the product releases
- Drive the software architecture planning and best practices, and provide engineering oversight to ensure the implementation of high quality and scalable technical solutions
- Line management of cross geography product development teams, and close collaboration with technical teams in adjacent Dolby initiatives.
- Serve as a technical mentor and coach for product engineering and quality teams
- Guide long range technology strategy and resource management for the group, in alignment with Dolby CTO office and advanced technology leadership.
- Maintain group motivation, morale, productivity and technical competence at the highest levels.
- Work closely with Human Resources on strategies to both attract and retain the best talent available.
- Ensure that appropriate Project Management processes are implemented within the team.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10-15 years' experience in development and technical strategy of web and mobile applications
- 8 or more years of direct management experience of an engineering organization
- Strong programming proficiency and understanding of software design patterns in web and mobile development
- Extensive hands-on experience managing multiple complex projects and teams.
- Experience collaborating across both multiple geographies and internal departments.
- Demonstrated team-oriented leadership.
- Capable of working with upper management on complex product and resource planning issues.
- Experience in successful budget setting and management.
- Experience using and deploying microservices based product architectures on AWS and GCP
- Experience developing real-time media processing applications, involving audio and video capture, processing and streaming.
- Strong understanding of data structures and databases including relational and NoSQL systems
- Solid understanding of RESTful API design and usage
- Experience creating scalable, highly available and fault tolerant web services
- Music enthusiast with working knowledge of music recording and production
Back to top