Director of Product Marketing, Premium Entertainment
- San Francisco, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby is looking for a world-class Product Marketing Director for our Premium Entertainment portfolio to drive adoption of Dolby's products and tools that enable premium entertainment experiences across the categories of TV, Movies, Music, Sports and Gaming.
This is a critical leadership role that will help drive interest and preference for Dolby experiences through inspiring stories, compelling marketing programs and the management of high value marketing partnerships. As a Director of Product Marketing, you will work cross-functionally with business, product and sales stakeholders to inform the go-to-market strategy for all new and current offers. You'll work closely with PR, Design, Brand, Content, Digital, Category functions and Regional Marketing leads to create holistic (global) plans for the portfolio. The Product Marketing Director role is an advocate for the products and business and a steward for exceptional marketing practices - continually recommending optimizations to our efforts to ensure efficacy, impact and smart ROI.
You are a strategic and analytical leader with deep product and marketing expertise. You have first-hand understanding of what differentiates Dolby as a vital technology and how to communicate that to the world. Essential skills include a keen understanding of the consumer and premium entertainment industry, customers' needs to inform product development, the ability to craft clear and compelling product positioning, drive competitive analyses, and design innovative, on brand go-to-market and launch programs in support of the premium entertainment portfolio and broader Dolby awareness, adoption and engagement goals.
- Partner with product management, sales and other organizational leaders to set and deliver against coordinated business and marketing goals
- Guide the creation and execution of annual and quarterly go-to-market plans in partnership with marketing colleagues, other cross-functional marketing partners, the business group and sales
- Identify key data inputs (consumer, industry, customer and market) to inform and influence product roadmap and new opportunity identification, commercialization and business model choices
- Oversee the development of product marketing deliverables - value proposition, product positioning statements, user benefits, naming and brand recommendations, etc.
- Translate complex product concepts into simple, creative, and impactful product communications that resonate with key consumer and industry audiences
- Develop library of sales enablement materials. Engage with partner teams to disseminate these materials
- Establish and track metrics that matter. Monitor ROI for all programs, evaluate and optimize continuously
- Manage, focus and coach a team of product marketers
Qualifications / Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in building impactful marketing strategies, creating and executing product marketing plans
- Expertise in premium entertainment, consumer electronics or adjacent B2B technology industry, has global experience
- A well-rounded marketer. Able to flex to different products, industries and roles as the business evolves. Can operate in ambiguity, able to create clarity
- Left and right brain thinker who draws energy from strategic, analytical and creative activities. Excellent creative problem solver
- Has technical acumen. Possesses vision to identify whitespace opportunities. Experience supporting the development and commercialization of breakthrough innovations
- Persuasive storyteller with excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Has significant experience and talent influencing cross-functional stakeholders including business, product, engineering and sales
- Results and outcomes driven. Track record of success in launching new offers
- Demonstrated ability to lead, focus, manage, coach and inspire a team to operate at peak performance
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Back to top