Director of Product Marketing, Dolby Developer Platform
- San Francisco, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby is looking for a technical product marketing leader with a passion for storytelling and bringing new products to developers and businesses.
This is a critical leadership role that will help drive interest and preference for Dolby's new developer platform through compelling stories, creative campaigns and the management of high value marketing partnerships. You will work cross-functionally with multiple business groups - Product, Developer Relations, Sales, Design, Communications -to inform the go-to-market strategies for new and existing products and platform capabilities. This role will be instrumental throughout the entire product lifecycle, from helping to shape the products and product roadmap to driving commercialization and adoption.
If the prospect of being on the ground floor of an exciting new business expansion designed to inspire the next generation of developers and product visionaries with programmatic access to Dolby, then we'd love to hear from you!
- Partner with product management, sales and other organizational leaders to set and deliver against coordinated business and marketing goals.
- Guide the creation and execution of annual and quarterly go-to-market plans in partnership with marketing colleagues, other cross-functional marketing partners, the business groups and sales teams.
- Identify key data inputs for go-to-market plans, drive projects to inform and optimize marketing and thought leadership programs through the application of industry knowledge and market insights
- Drive the development of product marketing deliverables, including value proposition, product positioning, audience and persona targets, user benefits, and naming and brand recommendations
- Translate complex product concepts into simple, creative, and impactful product communications that resonate with key audiences and provide the basis for effective sales enablement tools
- Oversee and manage demand gen marketing programs, including website content and user experience, search, display and other relevant digital marketing channels
- Establish and track metrics that matter. Monitor ROI for all programs, evaluate and optimize continuously
- Manage agency and contractor relationships
Qualifications / Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in building impactful marketing strategies, creating and executing product marketing plans
- Fluency in both developer relations and SaaS marketing, including events
- Persuasive storyteller with a deep empathy for customers, and excellent spoken and written communications skills
- A well-rounded marketer. Able to flex to different products, industries and roles as the business evolves. Can operate in ambiguity, able to create clarity
- Technical acumen that enables a fast ramp on new technologies, and the ability to translate highly technical concepts into to ideas that anyone can understand
- Keen understanding of digital platforms, performance and content marketing, media and campaign management; ability to both strategize and execute
- Demonstrated talent for influencing cross-functional stakeholders
- Left and right brain thinker who draws energy from strategic, analytical and creative activities. Excellent creative problem solver, from planning to hands-on execution
- Data-driven and results oriented
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Back to top