Director of Product Marketing, Consumer Entertainment Group
- San Francisco, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Director of Product Marketing - Consumer Entertainment Group
Dolby is looking for a world-class Product Marketing Director for our Consumer Entertainment portfolio to drive adoption of Dolby's products and tools that enable premium consumer entertainment experiences across the categories of TV and Living Room entertainment, Music, Mobile, and Gaming.
This is a critical leadership role that will help drive interest and preference for Dolby's products and services through inspiring stories, compelling marketing programs and the management of high value marketing partnerships. As a Director of Product Marketing, you will work cross-functionally with business, product and sales stakeholders to inform the go-to-market strategy for all new and current offers as well as build and drive execution for the marketing plans for the consumer products portfolio. You'll work closely with PR, Design, Brand, Content, Digital, Consumer Category functions and Regional Marketing leads to create holistic plans for the portfolio. You will also manage relationships with key external partners across the ecosystem in service of sell-in and sell through goals. The Product Marketing Director role is an advocate for the products and business and a steward for exceptional marketing practices - continually optimizing our efforts to ensure efficacy, impact and smart ROI.
You are strategic and analytical leader with deep product and marketing expertise. You have a first-hand understanding of what differentiates Dolby as an vital technology and how to communicate that to the world. Essential skills include a keen understanding of the CE industry, customers' needs to inform product development, the ability to craft clear and compelling product positioning, drive competitive analyses, and design and execute innovative, on-brand marketing programs in support of the CE portfolio and broader Dolby awareness, adoption and engagement goals.
- Partner with product management, sales and other organizational leaders to set and deliver against coordinated business and marketing goals
- Guide the creation and execution of annual and quarterly go-to-market plans in partnership with marketing colleagues, other cross-functional marketing partners, the business group and sales
- Identify key data inputs for go-to-market plans, drive projects to inform and optimize marketing programs through the application of consumer, industry and market insights
- Oversee the development of product marketing deliverables - value proposition, product positioning statements, user benefits, naming and brand recommendations, etc.
- Translate complex product concepts into simple, creative, and impactful product communications that resonate with key consumer and industry audiences
- Develop library of sales enablement materials. Engage with sales to disseminate these materials
- Lead coordinated industry marketing campaigns, inclusive of email, social, paid digital and content, PR /AR and event based activations
- Manage key marketing partner relationships - optimize scalable outreach mechanisms to delvier key program updates, assets and tools to partners in U.S. and Canada. Work with a select set of high value customers to build tailored marketing programs
- Establish and track metrics that matter. Monitor ROI for all programs, evaluate and optimize continuously
- Manage, focus and coach a small team of junior product and industry marketers
Qualifications / Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in building impactful marketing strategies, creating and executing product marketing plans
- Expertise in consumer electronics or adjacent B2B technology industry, has global experience
- A well-rounded marketer. Able to flex to different products, industries and roles as the business evolves. Can operate in ambiguity, able to create clarity
- Left and right brain thinker who draws energy from strategic, analytical and creative activities. Excellent creative problem solver
- Has technical acumen. Possesses vision to identify whitespace opportunities. Experience supporting the development and commercialization of breakthrough innovations
- Keen understanding of digital platforms, performance and content marketing, media and campaign management
- Persuasive storyteller with excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Has significant experience and talent influencing cross-functional stakeholders including business, product, engineering and sales
- Results and outcomes driven. Track record of success in launching new offers
- Demonstrated ability to lead, focus, manage, coach and inspire a team to operate at peak performance
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Back to top