Director, IPP Compliance
- Shenzhen, China
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, including experts in all aspects of corporate and IP law. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Based in Greater China, preferably in Mainland China, reporting to the Director, License Compliance - APAC and Japan. This position will assist in managing Dolby's licensing compliance team, licensee audit processes and ensuring internal strategy alignments with other functional groups in the Greater China region. The successful candidate will be accountable for the execution of compliance initiatives within this region.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Accountable for Compliance revenue target and team performance in the Greater China region.
- Develop and maintain a strong strategic partnership with the Dolby's Commercial Partnership team to recover revenue from licensees who have been identified as non-compliant in the use of Dolby technology
- Develop and maintain in-region partnerships with both external organizations and internal stakeholders in pursuit of Dolby's compliance program
- Provide appropriate guidance and lead engagement managers and partner firms in obtaining accurate audit results
- To play an important role in the settlement negotiations within the Greater China region, aligning with Dolby overall strategy and goals
- Lead and provide guidance to grow engagement managers in the region
- Assist in maintaining necessary relationships with licensees and industry bodies where applicable
Skills and Education:
- MS/MBA/CPA/CA/CISA, or other relevant certification. JD / Legal Degree a plus
- Big 4 Audit and/or Forensics experience or equivalent is required
- Minimum 12 years' experience with license compliance experience, with leadership positions and team management experiences.
- Good understanding of technology and licensing in the context of intellectual property
- Ability to analyze the long-term impact of new or anticipated business decisions and strategies
- Proven experience with building strong relationships and instilling trust with internal and external customers
- Ability to work effectively across functions to achieve common goals. Strong team player.
- Strong communication skills - ability to articulate verbally and in writing, plans, processes, policies and issues to stakeholders
- Regular business travels are required
- Fluent in English and Mandarin is required for the successful applicant
- Strong leadership skills with ability to handle tough situations and conversations/negotiations
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Back to top