Director, HR Business Partner
- San Francisco, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As part of the continued evolution of our People strategy, the Director, HRBP role provides strategic HR consulting to key business groups across Dolby. Reporting to the HR Vice President, this role is key to the HRBP team. You will partner with local leaders and global colleagues to build people related strategies that align with business strategies contributing to Dolby's next phases of growth. The role builds trusting relationships with people across all layers of business & corporate teams.
As a senior individual contributor, you will have a seat at the table with key executives and be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the business needs and the subsequent people implications rather than knowledge/ advice on local HR operational/ER requirements. Your strong influencing skills and ability to think beyond the day to day are more important than your knowledge of labor laws, compliance, benefits or HR processes. The core goals include providing strategic HR partnering to business leadership, leading efforts to enable people to make an impact and grow whilst driving experiences where people can do their best work. You will then translate this strategic vision into a strategic people plan that will be executed across the HR COE's and functions.
- Strategic HR Planning: Translate business strategies, objectives, and challenges into the appropriate HR actions and initiatives.
- Performance Architecture: Ensure organizations are structured for optimal performance and agility, including advising leaders around talent management, enabling team and individual effectiveness.
- Trend Forecasting: Leverage workforce analytics and strategic planning to develop talent strategies that identify and solve business issues, help leaders to see around corners to address future trends and changes to the talent landscape.
- Change Leadership: Serve as an advisor to business leaders on how to effectively manage change, build a coaching and agile management culture.
- Talent and Community Building: Build talent and relationships with formal and informal talent networks to cultivate growth in the organization. Act as a champion for optimal employee experience and maintaining a real sense of belonging within Dolby.
- HR Services Brokering: Within the client base manage the implementation of Dolby's approach to performance and development and oversee annual rewards planning. Work in partnership with centers of excellence to deliver HR services across client areas. Ensure proper implementation and execution of HR programs and initiatives.
- HR Collaboration: Work collaboratively with your colleagues including HR Business Partners within the US and globally, HR Field Operations, Global People Services, Recruiting, Employee Relations, L & D and of course our Global Centers of Excellence. Develop key stakeholder relationships and contribute to business unit decisions, positively influence interpersonal dynamics and maintain an ongoing relationship with leading partners as a competent and trusted advisor.
Qualifications and Skills
- 8-10+ years' experience in similar HR Business Partnering rather than generalist HR Manager roles, including 3+ years supporting Leadership positions in this capacity.
- Strong business acumen and comfortable working with leaders to identify trends and drive transformational change for our talent and our business.
- Thought partner for business leaders on all people strategies within a client group. Strategic thinker: demonstrate the ability to connect information, processes, and events to provide unique insights into how Dolby HR can be strategically utilized by the client base.
- In collaboration with other HR specialists understand and diagnose organizational issues.
- Influencer: Build credible relationships with people throughout the organization.
- Change leader: Anticipate the need for change, consult with clients on effective approaches to change, architect change plans and assist clients with leadership and execution. A strong team player with an enthusiastic "Can-Do" approach, comfortable working in international business with matrix structures and able to demonstrate an understanding of different cultures and management practices. Strong collaboration skills: " Boundaryless" not "silo" mentality.
- Excellent presentation skills; strong listening and coaching skills and good oral/written communication.
- Data-Driven: Able to use data to drive decision making.
- Education BA/BS Required. MBA or MA in Organization Development/Psychology or equivalent strongly preferred.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Back to top