Director, Compliance & Ethics
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, including experts in all aspects of corporate and IP law. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby is looking for a senior attorney to drive development and management of Dolby's compliance and ethics program. You will be responsible for developing compliance strategy and leading the operational efforts of Dolby's program to ensure that the company meets statutory and regulatory requirements. This role will work closely with the Legal, HR, Sales Ops and Finance teams to enhance the global compliance framework.
This is a newly created role to join the legal team. This is an excellent opportunity for a senior legal counsel to step up into a global role and leverage their compliance knowledge and experience to shape Dolby's compliance space.
This position will be located in San Francisco and reports to the Sr. Director, Corporate Compliance and Employment and will be part of the Corporate Legal Group.
- Drive development of and manage comprehensive global compliance and ethics strategy and program.
- Establish, implement, manage and own corporate governance policies and procedures throughout the organization to ensure Dolby is effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting compliance issues.
- Partner with management in promoting a culture of compliance, and to implement policies, procedures, and standards of conduct throughout the organization.
- Develop and lead continuous improvement of the operational efforts of Dolby's compliance and ethics program.
- Provide global legal support on compliance areas including anti-corruption
- Work closely with Legal, HR, Finance, business groups and other functions to design and support the global compliance organization, including delivering trainings and providing regular business advise.
- Elevate and manage third party due diligence process including, investigations, and other vetting prior to contracting and onboarding.
- Conduct, guide or oversee internal investigations of suspected violations of law or policy.
- Investigate reports from the Dolby Ethics & Compliance Hotline.
- JD (top tier law school preferred) with excellent academic credentials and California bar member (or qualified to register as in-house counsel).
- Minimum 8-10+ years of experience with law firm and/or in-house legal counsel, 5 years of which should be focused on compliance
- Proven experience in the development and management of compliance and ethics programs
- Direct experience advising clients, preferably at a technology company
- Experience investigating allegations of violations of the Company Code of Conduct and related matters
- Possess excellent legal judgment and the ability to be both pragmatic/business-oriented and strategic.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excel when working independently and collaboratively, have a record of developing strong working relationships across teams, and lead at all levels across the organization.
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage many projects simultaneously.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top