Developer Relations Manager
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Developer Relations Manager
What you will do:
Are you a strong developer who loves writing, speaking and teaching about cool tech in the media space? Are you passionate about taking a meaningful role in shaping the experience the product and platform for the creative developer community?
Dolby has an amazing suite of audio, video and voice technologies and we're bringing them to the cloud.
We're looking for a passionate lead Developer Relations Manager/Evangelist to educate and engage both early adopters and the broader developer community to show them how Dolby's APIs can transform their media-powered applications and services.
This means that you're essential in driving the shape of Dolby's APIs, developer SDKs, developer portal, API documentation and customer support. This means that you'll be writing code, authoring blog posts, hosting webinars, running hackathons, and speaking at conferences to tell the community what Dolby can do for them. This means doing whatever it takes to bring them into our developer community and keep them actively and happily building within it while learning from their experiences.
This job might be for you if:
- You've done developer relations in your past and you loved it
- You've written a lot of great code and can teach others how to use ours
- You're comfortable working with APIs and the web technology stack
- You're a great writer and have published blog posts and/or created developer portals
- You have a track record of speaking, presenting and teaching highly technical topics
- You have a desire to travel 4-5 times a year to major events
- You've spent at least 3 years as either a software developer or an evangelist (or a combination)
- You care about sound, color, and light, and you want all of your developers to care too
What you'll do:
- Evangelize Dolby's APIs both externally and internally to foster a community
- Be the first customer of the API and ensure we're building APIs and docs that makes sense
- Write sample apps that use our APIs
- Own the voice of our APIs through website content and blog posts
- Support onboarding developers in using the APIs and respond to their questions
- Arrange meetups and hackathons to recruit developers
- Attend and speak at conferences
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Jennine M.Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top