Data Analyst - Via Licensing
Via Licensing Corporation is an independent subsidiary of Dolby Laboratories, a company with more than 40 years of experience licensing technology and administering licensing programs for third-party intellectual property owners.
Via's expertise extends to intellectual property law, technology standardization, strategic business development, and program administration. Affiliated specialists in the fields of finance, antitrust law, and patent analysis complete the set of capabilities that make Via Licensing a premier service provider to companies and organizations seeking patent licensing administration services.
Via Licensing Corporation is looking for someone who loves working with people and data. The Data Analyst will evaluate Via's internal dataset as well as third-party dataset to drive our ad hoc analyses, deal making, reporting, forecasting, identifying opportunities for revenue recoveries; and, over time, improving existing processes and tools. We seek a resourceful and organized hard worker who excels at MS Excel, who works well with people and who can work independently. The successful candidate must be able to appreciate the big picture while paying great attention to detail.
- Develop nuanced and complex scenario-based financial models incorporating market assumptions to simulate or evaluate financial positions on various projects
- Assist revenue forecasting and analysis for patent licensing programs and maintain the metrics for multiple scheduled updates each quarter
- Research and analyze large market datasets, identity potential compliance cases or audit candidates for revenue recoveries and provide recommendations to assist decision making process
- Work closely with Compliance team to reconcile audit schedules from third party audit firms with internal reporting dataset, communicate regularly with external audit firms to obtain insights for validation purposes
- Manage and streamline existing reporting process and create new reports and dashboards through different systems in an efficient and accurate manner for senior management team
- Support cross functional teams with ad-hoc analysis and maintain strong lines of communications
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Statistics, or a related field
- At least three years' experience in finance, audit, data analysis or related assignments
- Demonstrable experience in creating quantitative analytical models, managing data reporting, consolidation and analysis
- Ability to synthesize and communicate results of data analysis
- Proficiency with MS Excel and VBA, advanced knowledge of SQL
- Experience in Tableau and other data visualization/BI tools a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills
- Eagerness and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and good judgment
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to track and manage parallel projects
- Experience in technology licensing industries a plus
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Jennine M.Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top