Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
About the Finance Department
The finance team is the largest team based in Amsterdam that supports the Dolby business teams and EMEA R&D centers which are spread throughout the region. The team of 16 is responsible for FP&A, Accounting, Accounts Payable, Collections and Payroll. It is a young multinational team who are passionate about providing an excellent service in an industry that is focused on light and sound.
This role reports to the Sr. Finance Manager.
About the Role
To be responsible for accounting duties and statutory filing compliance in multiple territories / legal entities. Manages deadlines and performs accounting activities with attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
The key functions of this role are:
- Responsible for the financial reporting of 2 legal country entities within the Dolby EMEA structure.
- Prepare and post journal entries in SAP for these entities as well as monitor postings done by other accounting functions
- Hands on performance of month-end close activities. Make sure that all deadlines are met and proactively reviews balances before closing.
- Participate in projects to improve the quality in the Accounting Function, pro-actively suggest process improvements/additional controls
- Work closely with the Accounting Managers/Manager Accounting and execute on assigned tasks and projects
- Engage with auditors on statutory audits for assigned entities, preparing financial statements in local GAAP and audit deliverables.
- Prepare, post and coordinate rent roll entries in EMEA
Secondary tasks include:
- Responsible for the Fixed Assets control process (additions, transfers, depreciation) and reconciliation thereof
- Assist with SOX documentation preparation
- Manage the financial close calendar
- Provide EMEA funding amounts for treasury team in San Francisco
- VAT reconciliation and journal entries.
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Experience of European Statutory accounting in one or more countries
- Hands-on, strong work ethic and can-do attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal). Ability to explain complex issues to non-subject-matter experts.
- Experience with SAP preferred
- Proven ability to prioritize activities and manage workload in a complex fast-paced environment with strict deadlines.
- Excellent in Excel and MS Word
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top