Copy Editor and Proofreader
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As a member of the brand team, the Copyeditor and Proofreader will bring our brand alive in marketing communications for our corporate brand and all of our platform brands. You will collaborate closely with the visual experience team, the digital and social teams, and the integrated and field marketing teams to help express our voice in a variety of projects, including cross-platform digital and physical touch points. You will ensure that our copywriting is clear, concise, engaging, and flawless acrosscampaigns, events, programs, and more. And you will also have opportunities to create original writing and develop your copywriting skills.
We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work.
- Marry a passion for copyediting and proofreading with a zeal for communications that make readers take action.
- Edit and proofread written communications to ensure proper use of style and compelling expression.
- Understand complex technologies and ecosystems, and convert that understanding into approachable and persuasive copy.
- Create written expressions ina persuasive voice that clearly articulates our value in different contexts.
- Collaborate with creative partners to refine innovative marketing communications that can live across multiple internal and external channels and platforms, including advertising, the Web, collateral, point of sale, etc.
- Craft pithy messages such as technology themes, key feature benefits, etc.
- Generate creative naming options for technologies, features, etc.
- 3+ years of copyediting and proofreading experienceat an agency or in-house
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills with an eye for detail and a commitment to impeccable copy
- A passion for storytelling and an ability to communicate complex ideas simply, accurately, and persuasively
- Experience copyediting for a variety of communications, including websites, print and online advertising, email, brochures, outdoor advertising, event and retail materials, brand guidelines, etc.
- Self-motivation, excellent communication skills, an open mind, the ability to thrive in multidisciplinary teams
- Experience in copywriting and naming a plus
- Experience copyediting for consumer electronics and/or technology products or services a plus
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Back to top