Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby is hiring an experienced Contracts Manager to join our dynamic and growing Legal team at our corporate headquarters in San Francisco, CA. This position will be responsible for the drafting, review, and negotiation of a variety of in-bound/expense side commercial contracts with the support of senior team members and attorneys.
The ideal candidate is extremely organized, thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, has excellent drafting and negotiating skills, is passionate about entertainment, technology, and is a true team player. We are seeking candidates with relevant experience at an in-house legal department who will make an immediate impact.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of in-bound/expense side agreements (e.g. service, statements of work, content/software licenses, SaaS, supply and procurement agreements, content production, marketing, and other commercial/entertainment related contracts.
- Assist with developing best practice processes, playbooks, and automation across all contract lifecycles
- Liaise with internal clients, finance, and other business units for approval of contractual terms and conditions on specific areas of expertise
- Serve as primary contact to address questions related to and drive the contracting process
- Ad-hoc legal department projects as may come up from time to time
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree is required; paralegal, pre-law, or comparable credentials welcome
- Significant (3 to 5 years) prior contracts experience supporting an entertainment/technology company
- Strong working knowledge of applicable commercial business/legal principles and ability to work on diverse contractual issues simultaneously from inception to completion. Experience negotiating a broad range of legal issues that arise in the context of commercial / entertainment transactions (e.g. indemnification, limitation of liability, ownership, licenses, confidentiality, SLAs)
- Knowledge of Data Security and Data Privacy terms, entertainment and marketing law a plus
- Ability to read, draft, and understand contractual terms; strong experience in redlining and negotiating agreements is required
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
- Comfortable operating under pressure/with sense of urgency
- Experience with Microsoft Office required; experience in Salesforce / Apttus and other sales productivity tools preferred
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top