Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby is hiring an experienced Contracts Administrator to assist in managing the licensing contract process under the direction of an attorney and senior manager in the IP Transactions and Legal Affairs department. The incumbent will be responsible for contributing to a successful contracts management program that is responsive to the business needs of the organization while managing risk and adhering to company policies. He/she will also be responsible for creating forms, obtaining necessary internal approvals and administrating a wide variety of licensing and revenue generating and non-revenue generating agreements. The successful candidate will be comfortable managing numerous contracts at one time while remaining responsive to internal clients and managing expectations effectively.
- Provides contracts administration support to attorneys and direct manager, including handling document revisions and circulating/tracking documents to all parties from drafting to full agreement execution.
- Project manage contracts throughout the contracts cycle, including standard contract generation, redlining, approval escalation, record management and post execution support.
- Be the primary point of contact to sales and Licensing Operations within the office and department to answer routine questions regarding agreements.
- Be the primary point of contact to Legal Operations and Business Systems teams to resolve Apttus issues related to agreement records.
- Independently manages and completes projects assigned by attorneys or direct manager (e.g., generates monthly license transaction reports, creates new agreement types, and manages the updating of agreements, etc.).
- Applies knowledge and understanding of Dolby products, policies and procedures to internal and external customers.
- Creates status reports on outstanding legal agreements and project reports on all outstanding projects.
- Sets project time frames and priorities based on project objectives and ongoing assignments.
- Work on various projects assigned by attorneys or direct manager to improve/optimize internal operating procedures.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three to five years of direct experience in contract administration for a U.S. headquartered public company with global operations and will be able to offer sound judgment on key decisions in developing the contracts administration function.
- B.A. or B.S. degree required.
- Knowledge of contract administration best practices for companies similarly sized to Dolby.
- Willingness to do hands on work, ability to handle uncertainty and ability to help further define the function as it relates to a changing environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills enabling production of quality results.
- A high level of office maturity, professionalism, integrity, reliability, discretion and confidentiality.
- Self-starter who will continuously look for opportunities to improve processes.
- A high degree of familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with contract management solutions such as Apttus and Salesforce.
- Familiarity with Smartsheets, Box, or other similar tools, a plus.
- Resourceful, solutions-oriented team player with ability to collaborate with other team members and other cross-functional departments on challenging projects.
- Must be comfortable managing and prioritizing competing priorities and frequent interruptions while maintaining close attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness.
- A proactive, collaborative and flexible mindset is essential. The successful candidate will actively seek out ways to contribute to the efficiency of the department and will diligently work to own and accomplish projects without prompting.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and effectively articulate critical issues within context when escalating contractual issues to an attorney or manager for decision.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Back to top