Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
We create technologies that enhance the entertainment experience. For four decades, our company has defined high-quality audio and surround sound in cinema, broadcast, home entertainment systems, cars, games, and personal computers. Our brand represents quality in entertainment technologies. Our future success depends to a great extent upon our ability to rigorously protect this brand by safeguarding the intellectual property underlying it.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Forensic Engineering in our San Francisco headquarters, the Compliance Engineer will be a key part of the technical team responsible for worldwide compliance and enforcement. This individual will work closely with our IP Protection group to promote compliance, and prevent licensing and trademark infringement in the market. The Compliance Engineer will be responsible for performing analysis of available information and guide the field audits and enforcement, leveraging technical expertise and partnering with colleagues as needed. The position will also act as a technical resource across the larger IPP organization and external partners.
Essential Job Functions:
- Product Testing and Analysis - delves into products to determine how Dolby Technology gets implemented as well as the technology included in the product. Test consumer electronics across a wide variety of products including mobile phones and tablets, PCs and associated software, automobile infotainment systems, broadcast equipment, and more for use of Dolby Technologies. Partner with cross functional team to Investigate potential infringement issues.
- Audit support - As an integral part of the audit team, you will need to work with our customers on a worldwide basis to support the audit process. This often includes analysis of companies selected for audits, including review of available internal and external data, to identify relevant products. Provide technical assistance during customer visits, including reviewing product specs, interviewing product engineers, and testing products.
On a broader level, perform macro level analytics across customer product segments, identifying potential opportunities. This may include procuring and testing samples as necessary to identify infringement and gather intelligence.
- B.S in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in reverse engineering, compliance engineering, failure investigation or Intellectual Property protection desired.
- Experience with codecs and multimedia frameworks.
- Familiarity with product teardown and knowledge of key electrical components.
- Attention to detail and a thorough approach to problem-solving.
- Efficiently handle ambiguity and appropriately prioritize competing projects.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to work autonomously with a geographically distributed team.
- Occasional international travel may be required.
- Experience with testing consumer audio/video products such as consumer electronics, mobile phones, and tablets.
- Experience in testing for third party IP.
- Understanding of consumer electronics connectivity and signal flow.
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated experience performing data analysis and trending.
- Interest in music, audio/video production, recording engineering, game/film audio or video highly desirable.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top