Community Manager - Contract
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby is seeking a Community Manager to build a community, manage relationships, and craft community content for consumer products. Dolby is evolving and looking to grow and closely connect with our customers, we're looking for someone who can build those direct relationships. You will help become the face and voice of the community. Your tool stack will include a wide variety of platforms and include support from our agencies for building content and engaging the community. Our key social media channels (YouTube, Dolby's content marketing platform (Signal), Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) will be your primary communication outlets. Are you ready to pioneer what community looks like for Dolby? Then this is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious consumer electronics-focused community marketer who wants to learn and grow with a quickly evolving team.
Working hand-in-hand with Dolby's head of community management, you will help create a community plan and curate content by working with internal and external creative teams. You will support the launch our technologies, forge partnerships with key influencers, host online and offline events, and engage with our customers to generate conversation and drive product education.
- Craft and execute the Community growth plan around the launch of new consumer facing Dolby technologies
- Work directly with marketing managers and other teams within the organization to generate new ideas for social content and help drive communications around their marketing campaigns
- Coordinate with global teams here at Dolby to ensure our content is shared across borders
- Plan community content and build into our overarching content calendar ensuring community content is engaging, appropriately voiced, and relevant
- Author and publish community content for use on our social and community platforms
- Monitor success of the community in terms of the overall marketing strategy
- Deliver weekly reports on the health of the community
- Liaise with key stakeholders across teams to help relay community feedback and other insights that are gained from or social and community platforms
- Engage with our community and encourage participation
- Run online and offline events supporting growth of our community and maintaining relationships with key influencers
- Partner with our customer support team to build solid communication paths and establish swim lanes between the two teams; determine how the community team will respond to customer questions or concerns, and where to direct customers so that our support team can best address their needs
- 4+ years of experience in marketing with a minimum of 2+ years in consumer product brands and/or consumer electronics
- A proven track record of building and maintaining communities (>1MM)
- Great influential and communication skills with the experience in product education through social media and community platforms
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills are essential
- Affinity in social media and staying ahead of the fast-changing nature of social media platforms; capturing new opportunities for growing and engaging with our community
- Understanding of web and social analytics
- Experience using social media tools for content publishing and reporting (Spredfast, Netbase, Unmetric, Mention)
- Experience in managing agencies
- Influencer marketing experience (Twitch/YouTube/Mixer)
- Experience working on/enthusiasm for large brands in entertainment and/or consumer electronics is a plus
- Self-starter; able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top