C/C++ Software Developer, Core Cloud Media Pipeline
At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to inspire/make a difference how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide.
To do that, we need the absolute best talent. Are you the one?
We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. Would you like to work on the latest entertainment technologies to deliver spectacular experiences with us?
Today's media workflows require creating dozens of different versions of every piece of content - different sizes, bitrates, languages and formats targeting desktop and mobile devices, as well as cinema and TV. Hybrik is a fast, high quality, cost-effective solution that lets you easily generate all the files you need, using world-class technologies like Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.
This is a technical developer role which requires basic knowledge of media formats, codecs, subtitles and metadata, along with strong low-level experience in C/C++, including multi-threading, memory management, optimization, and networking; along with general Linux runtime environment/system knowledge. Experience with media oriented open source projects such as FFmpeg or GStreamer is a strong plus.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or comparable field,
- Professional experience with coding, profiling, and debugging C/C++, on Linux and Windows,
- Openness for using other programming languages and frameworks (e.g. Python, Node.js) when necessary,
- Solid understanding of, and practical experience with, multithreaded programming concepts,
- Knowledge of media formats & codecs,
- Understanding of socket programming and networking concepts and API's,
- Understanding of media processing frameworks (such as FFmpeg or GStreamer),
- High level written and verbal communication in both general and technology-specific applications,
- Positive attitude and willingness to solve challenging problems,
- Ability to work efficiently in cross-geo environment.
Nice to Have:
- Docker container creation and programmatic docker orchestration is a plus,
- Basic knowledge of cloud APIs/SDKs (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCE).
Dolby Hiring Entity:
Dolby Poland Sp. z o.o.
Business Garden, Building G
ul. Legnicka 48
Wrocław, 54-202, Poland
Back to top