Box Office Analytics Intern (Winter/Spring 2020)
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones.
As an intern, the Dolby U program offers impactful, project-based work experience in a collaborative, creative environment where you work side by side with industry leaders. Amplify your insatiable curiosity by implementing real-world solutions that revolutionize how people communicate and how entertainment is created, delivered, and enjoyed worldwide. For anyone seeking to gain invaluable expertise through meaningful, personal contributions, join us to design a future where technology meets entertainment!
Dolby Cinema is looking for a Box Office Analytics Intern to conduct box office analyses to maximize Dolby Cinema profitability. Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the individual will collect, analyze and report on key operating performance data. Typical week will include helping to build a weekly box office report to be shared at a small team meeting. This position is in Dolby's Burbank office.
- Aggregating and organizing various sources of box office data and theater performance data
- Building a weekly report that analyses Dolby Cinema and industry box office trends
- Collaborating and developing a long term box office database built in Microsoft BI or Tableau
- High quality critical thinking and communication skills
- Self motivated, grit and teamwork skills
- Data analysis, organization, and visualization skills
- Has taken a statistics course
- Software - Excel, Power Point, Excel BI, Tableau
- Has built a database before
INTERN TRAINING OUTCOME
- Intern will become fully trained in ComScore box office analytics for North America and EMEA
- Intern will become fully trained in Entbase box office analytics for China
- Intern will become fully trained in Movie Industry box office terminology and business practices
- After completing internship the intern will have direct job skills valuable to Hollywood Studios, Movie Theatre Exhibitors, or any business that derives value from the movie industry
- Working towards a Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Statistics, Accounting, or Entertainment & Media Business or related field; recent grads who are within 6 months of graduation are also eligible to apply
- Must be available to work full-time Monday - Friday between January 2020 - April 2020
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Back to top