Automation Test Engineer, CE Tech QA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Would you like to be part of the exciting future of entertainment and add your talents to those of an amazing team?
As an Automation Test Engineer in the Dolby Barcelona QA team, the qualified candidate will test software that enables the next generation of Dolby Cinema and Home Theater technologies.
You will design, specify, create and maintain the QA test environment as well as design, write and execute tests. Special emphasis will be put on writing and maintaining automatic test infrastructure with scripting languages such as Python.
The candidate will work from Barcelona office and will team up with local and remote software developers and testers.
• Work with senior engineers to establish and document product test plans.
• Utilize, adapt and maintain existing test automation tools.
• Design test methods needed on assigned projects.
• Report issues through a formal bug tracking system and work with the engineering team to help isolate, debug, and resolve issues/bugs.
• Implement and conduct cost-effective comprehensive regression and product tests to ensure product requirements are met.
• Setup, configure and maintain software QA labs.
• Work closely with beta testing sites, reproduce bugs from the field and report them with clarity.
• Give critical advice on when a product is ready to be released.
• Stay abreast of industry software testing tools and best practices.
• Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Sound technician degree with demonstrable programming/scripting experience.
• Professional experience programming in a scripting language such as Python, Perl or Bash.
• Experience with software test concepts, including test planning and test case design, and QA mentality in general.
• Experience with standard bug reporting tools such as Jira, Bugzilla, or ClearQuest.
• Experience with Windows, OSX, Linux, and proficiency using the terminal.
• Excellent oral and written communication in English.
• A passion for audio and media production.
• Experience testing multi-platform C/C++ libraries using unit-testing frameworks.
• Experience wrapping and testing C/C++ libraries in scripting languages such as Python.
• Fluent in Spanish or Catalan.
• Knowledge of audio signal processing concepts.
• Knowledge of professional audio workflows and tools such as Avid Pro Tools and others.
EVERY BIT AMAZING!
Dolby Hiring Entity:
Planta 10 08018 Barcelona,
Back to top