Audio Systems Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As a Senior Audio Systems Engineer in the Dolby Consumer Entertainment Group, you be part of a team that creates system development materials that enable Dolby's partners to design and build world class living room entertainment products based on a new generation of Dolby Technologies. Your team's mission is to ensure that Dolby Audio Processing technologies are correctly integrated and that acoustic performance of livingroom entertainment products is optimized to meet Dolby's standards.
- You'll contribute to design and documentation of customer-facing system level tests which verify proper integration of Dolby technologies into livingroom entertainment products such as televisions, sound bars, smart speakers, etc.
- We will rely on you to design and document customer-facing tests and test tools which measure acoustic performance of consumer entertainment products that include premium Dolby technologies.
- Reviewing system architectures; contributing to definition of requirements for integrating Dolby technologies into consumer entertainment playback products will be essential to this opportunity.
- You'll collaborate with technical writers and engineering teams to create customer-facing documentation that provides system development guidance Dolby's partners who are developing livingroom entertainment products.
- Assist in prototyping audio subsystems used to identify and understand system development challenges, and to develop solutions/guidance included in system development kits.
- Your ability to tune and optimize the acoustic performance of reference designs and demo platforms using a variety of internal and external DSP tools, will be important for this role.
- We'll depend on you for setup, configuration, and maintenance of labs and test environments.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in audio related industries
- Understanding of DSP as applied to audio processing.
- Familiarity with acoustic measurement tools and methods.
- Ability to perform basic programming and modification of software code; familiarity with C/C++, XML, Python, Matlab, and Julia
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to achieve results, meet deadlines, and adjust to quickly changing priorities in a fast-paced engineering environment.
- Experience with consumer audio systems such as TVs, AVRs, sound bars, smart speakers, etc.
- Understanding of integration of audio subsystem components such transducers and amplifiers into audio and video products.
- Experience with development, set-up, and execution of acoustic measurements on speakers and other audio devices.
- Knowledge/experience in far-field audio capture technology such as microphone array processing.
- Experience with testing systems with mems microphone arrays for far-field capture.
- Test automation and scripting experience.
- Experience with Audio Precision test systems.
- Ability to create customer-facing system tests that are easily adapted to a wide range of products.
- Critical listening skills
If you live and breathe audio and video, and are an enthusiastic and passionate pioneer in the entertainment technology space, then come join us in bringing the next generation of Dolby technologies to life!
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Back to top