Audio Signal Processing Engineer - Applied Research
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
For this position, we invite applications from outstanding candidates for the role of Audio Signal ProcessingEngineer within the Enhanced Consumer Devices Technology Team.
This high-performance team has been responsible for developing cutting edge technologies with worldwide impact, such as Dolby Audio and Dolby Atmos for Headphone.
This position will involve cutting edge development of new audio entertainment experiences which will be built into millions of devices around the world. The role will require the ability synthesise research to create engineering designs, specifications, prototypes and full implementations of audio processing technology. Applicants will require a background in audio technology, signal processing, excellent communication skills and a high level of motivation, initiative and self-organisation.
Successful applicants MUST have:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent;
- 5+ years signal processing experience in a commercial environment;
- 2+ years experience with C/C++ in a formal SDLC environment;
- 2+ years experience developing audio processing applications;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a geographically diverse team;
- Demonstrable audio processing algorithm development experience;
- Critical listening skills and/or audio/music related experience;
Highly regarded attributes:
- Higher degrees (Masters or PhD);
- Technical publications in peer reviewed journals or conferences;
- Experience contributing to patenting and standardisation; and
- Project leadership experience.
- Experience with audio transducers; microphones and speakers.
- Experience with embedded systems, real time operating systems, low-level processor architecture.
- Knowledge of audio or speech codecs.
Key tools: Visual Studio, Matlab, common audio tools (sound forge etc), Linux, Python.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top