Audio Electrical Hardware Engineer
- Sydney, Australia
The Dolby name is synonymous worldwide with amazing entertainment experiences, from Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos in cinemas and living rooms to Dolby Atmos Music on the latest smart speakers and smartphones. If you think that's cool, just wait until you see what we're cooking up next. To get there, we need an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer to join the Consumer Entertainment engineering team and help us craft the hardware that will enable the next generation of entertainment technologies.
You'll be joining a team that develops innovative hardware solutions to enable incredible Dolby audio experiences across a wide range of consumer electronics devices. You will be responsible for the design, analysis, prototyping, and evaluation of analog and mixed-signal circuits and systems focused on delivering high-performance audio. In collaboration with acoustic, mechanical, DSP, and other electrical engineers, you will develop and demonstrate exciting new hardware technologies and work with our consumer electronics partners to integrate them into new product offerings.
- Work with external customers, Dolby partners, and other Dolby teams to bring new audio experiences to new devices.
- Understand system architecture requirements and tradeoffs and design appropriate solutions.
- Evaluate potential components (ICs) and modules for integration into new designs.
- Develop prototype designs that showcase new Dolby technologies.
- Work with contract manufacturers to build prototypes for evaluation and customer demos.
- Conduct internal and external design reviews for new electronic systems.
- Collaborate with software engineers to enable DSP algorithms on hardware designs.
- Support customers with product architecture, component selection, and schematic review requests.
- Perform competitive product analysis and benchmarking.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED :
- Bachelor's degree or higher in acoustics, electrical/electronic engineering, computer engineering, or physics.
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing mixed-signal systems for the consumer market.
- Proficient with basic EE lab equipment including oscilloscopes, DC power supplies, and multimeters.
- Experience with system architecture, component selection, schematic capture, and PCB layout.
- Experience with common EE simulation software (i.e. SPICE).
- Excellent hands-on electronics evaluation and troubleshooting skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
NICE TO HAVE:
Exposure to some of the below is welcome:
- audio components including class D amplifiers, ADCs/DACs/CODECs, DSPs, and MEMS microphones
- digital audio (I2S/TDM, PDM, SPDIF, Dante) and control (I2C, SPI, UART) buses
- audio test & measurement equipment (Audio Precision, SoundCheck, Klippel)
- switching (boost, buck, flyback) and linear power converters
- wireless communication protocols (WiFi, Bluetooth, WiSA)
- signal conditioning, including amplification or attenuation and filtering
- mixed-signal PCB layout for low analog noise and optimum digital signal integrity
- test signal generation and data analysis (MATLAB, Python, Excel)
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Back to top