Associate Production Data Services Engineer
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The Associate Production Data Services Engineer position offers an opportunity for technical individuals to assist in the creation and production of high dynamic range imagery for entertainment and demonstration. This position is responsible for managing image data and associated elements in the Content Development Group within the Advanced Technology Group at Dolby. This person will be intimately familiar with common computer systems, audio, video, content creation tools and processing. In addition, this person will have good working knowledge of digital media processing techniques and an in-depth understanding in one or more of the following areas: video editing, compositing, color correction, delivery formats, and post-production workflows. As a member of the content development team, this person will contribute to the creation of media assets, workflows, and processes for use in motion picture mastering, R&D, testing, product demonstrations and marketing.
- Knowledge of industry standard motion picture and broadcast post-production and production workflows is essential.
- Knowledge of popular content creation software and hardware tools.
- Ability to understand and convey new concepts in image or media creation and processing.
- Implement and help to enforce standard naming conventions and directory hierarchy policies
- Extensive experience with Windows, Mac, Linux/Unix operating systems necessary
- Ability to work in fast paced production environment with new and experimental technologies.
- Ability to work independently to achieve goals.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with content creation personnel and engineers.
- Ability to multitask, perform under pressure and meet challenging deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Manage and maintain all production-related data, both online (disk) and offline (tape)
- Provide offline data processing services for Dolby Vision content
- Provide technical support to colorists and digital artists.
- Develop quality control and evaluation procedures to certify and QC content.
- Monitor NAS and SAN server capacities and performance.
- Prepare data for global exchange between third parties using various mediums such as Aspera, hard disk, FTP and other file delivery mechanisms.
- Ingest and import media from client and other 3rd parties while conforming to Dolby standards.
- Ensure consistent data transfer between other Dolby facilities
- Process and distribute media for daily and critical client reviews
- Actively find ways to improve operational efficiency of the department and the facility
- Periodically provide content development support to the Dolby Marketing and Sales Group.
Skills and Education
- At least 5 years of experience in digital media production including pre-production, production, and post-production of motion picture and or video content.
- Experience in the production of creating high quality content for entertainment, demonstration and or trade show use.
- Experience with professional video authoring tools and experience with their use.
- Experience with various image formats and video compression especially H.264 encoded video. Should have an understanding of media container formats and the characteristics of their use in the creation of media content and its delivery.
- Experience with video techniques for professional and consumer uses, their creation, and characteristic differences and use cases.
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Back to top