Associate Product Manager
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Associate Product Manager, Multi-Screen Audio
Dolby creates and markets innovative technologies that enhance the audio and video entertainment experiences in the home. Within the Consumer Entertainment Business Group, the Multi-Screen Audio Team drives end-to-end solutions for premium entertainment content through Broadcast, PayTV, and OTT channels to provide the best-in-class multi-screen audio experience to consumers everywhere, and our Product team is looking for a passionate Associate Product Manager.
In this junior position as Associate Product Manager on the Multi-Screen Audio Team you will help define and build licensing products that bring Dolby Audio experiences into a wide range of devices, such as TVs, STBs, Digital Media Adapters (DMA), or mobile applications. We are looking for someone with the right mix of curiosity, excitement and technical savviness willing to develop Broadcast/PayTV/OTT ecosystems expertise and vison to be a product owner for new audio entertainment experiences.
The Associate Product Manager will help defining new products and use-cases that support Dolby audio strategy and solve consumer pain points while remaining easy to implement and easy to deploy for our partners. This role will get you involved in driving the product development cycle from inception through execution. You will be interacting with people across multiple disciplines including engineering, marketing, legal, program management, sales and will also have exposure to external partners.
This position is based in Nurnberg Germany, and reports directly to the Director of Product Management of the Multi-Screen Audio Team, based in San Francisco USA.
Essential Job Functions
- As an inbound Associate Product Manager, support your product and help drive the engineering team to deliver successful products
- Generate high quality and detailed agile product requirements based on consumer needs and product vision
- Collaborate closely with all of the cross-functional teams (especially Engineering and Product Management peers) which are required for successful delivery
- Work with central engineering teams to leverage Dolby’s technology platforms and bring them to market
- Be a contributor to the Product Roadmap and associated go to market strategy
- As an outbound Associate Product Manager, understand your market & ecosystem, your competitors, your key partners and their needs or pain points
- Understand partners’ strategy and gather associated product requirements
- Support Sales with detailed product information, sales tools, product training, and meet with customers or ecosystem partners
- Provide ongoing product support to field and regions
- Support Marketing to develop compelling product positioning and messaging
Education, Skills, Abilities, and Experience Required
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, business economics or equivalent relevant field
- First experience in Agile product development (e. g. SCRUM)
- Ability to remain disciplined and say “No” to feature creep, while remaining flexible and re-assessing priorities
- Solid presentation and listening skills, comfortable getting in front of customers to gather requirements
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse teams, both functionally and geographically
- Previous experience as a software developer desirable
- Understanding of Broadcast, PayTV and OTT ecosystems from service to products, including IC vendors, TV/STB/DMA OEMs, and other relevant middleware or operating system players is a plus
- International travel and work experience is valuable
- Passion for audio is always a plus
- Fluency in English is required
Note: This position is based in Nurnberg Germany and will require travel to USA, Asia and within Europe.
NOTICE: This job description is provided as a general summary of common job duties performed
by individuals assigned this job title. It is not all-inclusive, nor is it intended to create a contract,
written or implied, between employees and Dolby Laboratories, nor does it in any way alter
the employment-at-will relationship that exists between employees and the Company. As a condition
of employment, all Dolby employees are expected to perform job duties assigned by
company management even when such duties are not included in their job description.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Senior HR Representative
Kari works with managers and business partner teams on new company mergers and acquisitions—providing guidance about the ins and outs of Dolby to ensure smooth business transitions.
Back to top