Applied Vision Scientist
- Sunnyvale, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby's Applied Vision Science Group is a small collaborative team within Dolby which investigates perceptual aspects of the human visual system and turns what we learn into image processing algorithms for improving perceived video quality. One of the questions that intrigues us is "How do we perceive motion?". Our goal is to expand the reach of deep learning algorithms to solve fundamental problems pertaining to human perception. Understanding the relationship between science, art, and engineering is key to doing this well. Our group is looking for a motivated and energetic engineer/scientist to join our team in Sunnyvale, CA and contribute to this meaningful effort.
We are specifically looking for a talented, curious, and inventive individual to develop deep learning approaches to frame rate conversion, video super-resolution, and other applications. As part of the algorithm development team, you will be responsible for inventing, developing, and qualifying deep learning architectures. You will then collaborate with other teams across the company to efficiently integrate the algorithms into future products, in the process evaluating the many trade-offs that can be made in deploying them in practice, balancing memory requirements, computation, latency, and other considerations.
- Develop and design deep learning algorithms for video processing tasks such as frame rate conversion
- Analyze behavior of current algorithms and techniques (particularly in videos) , while p roposing modifications to improve the performance and speed for various applications
- Work with expert engineering teams to deploy deep learning algorithms to a wide range of processing environments while maintaining our high standards for image quality
- Deliver internal and external technology presentations and feasibility/proof of performance demonstrations
- Represent the company at conferences, industry associations or standards bodies.
- Generate new intellectual property, in the form of patents, workflows, ecosystems, and know-how
- Write software that is efficient, clean, modular, bug free, understandable to others, and well documented
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Imaging Science, Computer Graphics or a related field.
- Understanding of human perception (how we see and interpret motion)
- Experience with CNN frame rate conversion or object tracking
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience in developing deep neural network training and optimization in leading frameworks (e.g. Pytorch, Tensorflow) (Experience deploying deep neural networks in products desirable)
- Experience using Matlab for image processing
- Track record of successful research accomplishments, published papers, and/or patent applications in the field of color science and/or video processing.
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills; ability to prototype quickly; a team-oriented work ethic, and ability to work under minimal supervision
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Back to top