- Shenzhen, China
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
This position provides the opportunity to build the most advanced technologies. You will work with leading scientists and apply the most advanced audio theory into PC industry. The position focuses on developing different kinds of audio signal processing technologies including audio processing, audio codec, audio algorithm optimizations, etc. It requires brilliant ideas to implement in a way considering software architecture and hardware restricts. As a part of an international team, this DSP engineer will work closely with other Dolby colleagues in US, Germany, Australia and Poland. It requires collaborative interactions with different functional divisions within the company.
- M.S. or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or comparable field, relevant work experience highly desired, but not strictly required
- Proficiency in developing digital signal processing technologies to resolve audio, music or voice problems in sound production or reproduction phases, i.e.,
o Basic DSP techniques such as IIR and FIR filtering
o Transforms such as FFT, MDCT and CQMF
o Non-linear audio processing functions, including limiters and compressors
o Noise reduction, echo cancellation and beam forming
- 5+ years' experience in audio/speech/sound processing technologies development
- Highly skilled in C/C++ programming language
- Independent, self-motivated person requiring minimal supervision
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Fluent in Chinese and English. Excellent communication skills
- Team-oriented work ethic and interest to work in cross-continental teams
- Good understanding of software development process
- Experience of Windows and hardware development
- Knowledge about electroacoustic
- Knowledge about sound recording
- Knowledge about artificial intelligence and machine/deep learning
- Experience of embedded development (Porting and Optimization)
- Good understanding of DSP architectures
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Perl or Shell
- Experience of working in an Agile team
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is the only one who will see your application.
Does that sound like you? What are you waiting for, then? We look forward to hearing from you soon!
How You're Rewarded?
Growing campus in new, exciting modern facility in heart of the downtown district
Audio software solutions development center, close-knit team with worldwide impact
All the tech tools you need to succeed: a new smartphone and Mac laptop, Labs, testing, and reliability facilities
Free drinks, fruits, snacks to keep you well fed, happy hours and office celebrations
Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back
Great social & labor insurance packages to fit your needs to ensure you're happy and healthy
Well-being program, a yearly physical examination and fitness stipend to keep your health
Employee referral bonuses so you'll get the opportunity to work with friends (and get some extra cash in your pocket)
Back to top