Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The position is within a diverse engineering team working with external customers, Dolby partners and other internal Dolby teams to bring new audio experiences to new devices.
The candidate works with senior Electronics, Acoustics and Signal Processing engineers to simulate, prototype and refine new acoustic designs for Dolby products. The position requires knowledge of fundamental acoustic principles and how to practically apply these principles to real-world design problems. The position demands a candidate capable of using simulation and rapid prototyping techniques, creative thinking and excellent communication skills to generate novel acoustic designs
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work withsenior Dolby engineers and product managers to bring new audio experiences to new devices.
- Familiarity with all transducer form factors including micro-speakers and headphones.
- Use simulation tools to rapidly iterate on new design concepts.
- Build and evaluate prototypes to evaluate acoustic designs.
- Perform competitive product analysis and benchmarking.
- Write and maintain detailed technical documentation to ensure longevity of design.
- Stay abreast of industry trends in transducer design and modelling.
- Design and conduct subjective tests to verify the performance of audio systems.
- Bachelor degree or higher in acoustics or electrical/electronic engineering.
- Demonstrated experience in the design and development of loudspeaker systems in the consumer market.
- Experience designing and modeling transducers and enclosures.
- Proficiency using loudspeaker design tool such as LEAP, LspCAD, FINEMotor, FEMM, etc.
- Experience with loudspeaker test equipment such as Klippel, Audio Precision, Clio, Listen, etc.
- Proficiency using 3D CAD software such as SolidWorks.
- Experience with computational acoustic simulations (FEM, BM).
- High level written and verbal communication in both general and technology-specific applications.
- The ability to work unsupervised.
- Problem solving and debugging skills.
Back to top