Sr. Backend Developer (PHP)
Docler Media is a global technology startup passionate about developing cutting-edge media platforms. Our mission is to create, inspire and share high-quality interactive experiences designed to impact the future of technology. Docler’s fast-growing portfolio attracts in excess of 50 million unique visitors per year.
We are looking for an experienced Backend Developer who wants to work with a team to build applications that will be used by millions. This position is for a self-motivated, “out-of-the-box” thinker. You should have in-depth knowledge of all the connecting pieces and can anticipate problems.
If you consider yourself a visionary committed to creating flawlessly designed products and experiences, let’s start a conversation!
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop and test PHP applications based on established specifications.
- Carry out unit and integration tests (TDD knowledge).
- Mentor other developers and work closely with our front-end developers.
- Research new technologies and solutions.
- Clean Coding is your most important principle.
- Follow current technology trends and recommend their usage in company products.
- MS or BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in PHP programming.
- 3+ years working with high-availability, false-tolerant, high performance, scalable systems.
- Experience with Live Streaming and Stream Encoding technologies.
- Experience with Web Services and QA tools for Unit Testing and Test Driven Development.
- Strong OOP skills and knowledge of design patterns.
- Ability to think analytically and effectively communicate complex systems.
- Extensive experience with Relational Databases and NoSQL technologies
It would help if you have:
- Familiarity with Extreme Programming (XP).
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration.
- Broad knowledge of Agile methodologies.
What we offer:
- Generous Benefits package.
- A casual work environment.
- Strength training and yoga classes at our in house yoga studio.
- Organic fruit delivered fresh twice a week.
- Family style lunches are served bi-weekly.
- Bi-weekly company hosted happy hours or events.
More about us!
Docler Media is a wholly owned subsidiary of Docler Holdings, headquartered in Luxembourg. Each portfolio entity is committed to developing remarkable, globally-accessible technology products that delight and inspire consumers. Our portfolio employees enjoy a world class benefits and perks designed enhance the employee experience and commitment to excellence.
Current portfolio companies include:
- SonicBox.com – Live-streaming music platform for bourgeoning artists
- Oranum.com – Streaming spiritual community platform
- Elvoline.com – Luxury travel destination site
Docler Media is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Docler Media's Employees
As Office Manager, Leslie works behind the scenes to make sure the work space is functional, that the staff has necessary supplies, and that the office keeps happily humming along.
Back to top