Sr. Backend Developer (PHP)
Docler Media is a global technology startup passionate about developing cutting-edge media platforms. Our mission is to create, inspire and share high-quality interactive experiences designed to impact the future of technology. Docler’s fast-growing portfolio attracts in excess of 50 million unique visitors per year.
We are looking for an experienced Backend Developer who wants to work with a team to build applications that will be used by millions. This position is for a self-motivated, “out-of-the-box” thinker. You should have in-depth knowledge of all the connecting pieces and can anticipate problems.
If you consider yourself a visionary committed to creating flawlessly designed products and experiences, let’s start a conversation!
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop and test PHP applications based on established specifications.
- Carry out unit and integration tests (TDD knowledge).
- Mentor other developers and work closely with our front-end developers.
- Research new technologies and solutions.
- Clean Coding is your most important principle.
- Follow current technology trends and recommend their usage in company products.
- MS or BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in PHP programming.
- 3+ years working with high-availability, false-tolerant, high performance, scalable systems.
- Experience with Live Streaming and Stream Encoding technologies.
- Experience with Web Services and QA tools for Unit Testing and Test Driven Development.
- Strong OOP skills and knowledge of design patterns.
- Ability to think analytically and effectively communicate complex systems.
- Extensive experience with Relational Databases and NoSQL technologies
It would help if you have:
- Familiarity with Extreme Programming (XP).
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration.
- Broad knowledge of Agile methodologies.
What we offer:
- A casual work environment.
- Strength training and yoga classes at our in house yoga studio.
- Organic fruit delivered fresh twice a week.
- Family style lunches are served bi-weekly.
- Bi-weekly company hosted happy hours or events.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Pet friendly environment and complimentary valet parking.
More about us!
Docler Media is a wholly owned subsidiary of Docler Holdings, headquartered in Luxembourg. Each portfolio entity is committed to developing remarkable, globally-accessible technology products that delight and inspire consumers. Our portfolio employees enjoy a world class benefits and perks designed enhance the employee experience and commitment to excellence.
Current portfolio companies include:
- TAG Channel – A domestic television network
- SonicBox.com – Live-streaming music platform for bourgeoning artists
- Oranum.com – Streaming spiritual community platform
- Elvoline.com – Luxury travel destination site
Docler Media is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top