Country Group Controller
Management of Finance Operations and Controlling departments, performance management, training & development of the teams.
Review of financial statements, tax declarations & other statutory returns prepared by accounting service provider.
Overall responsibility for the General Ledger of the Hungarian entities, ensuring high standard and good timing of delivery by accounting service provider. Development and implementation of closing & reporting processes together with the provider.
Management of external audit process and liaison with Auditors to ensure smooth planning, process and completion of the audit to meet statutory and Group deadlines. Oversight of audit evidence preparation by the teams.
Responsible for day to day Finance Operations of 40+ Hungarian entities, ensuring the Finance Operation team meets agreed time and quality standards in relation to:
- Payroll processing
- Issuance of intercompany invoices
- Accounts payable & receivable
- Uploads into Navision – accounting service provider system
- Cash & bank balance management, currency trading
Oversight of Intercompany balances and transactions for Hungarian entities, managing the confirmation process, communication & coordination with Group Intercompany accounting and Consolidation functions. Periodic Group reporting for management and statutory consolidation purposes.
Ad hoc projects and management requests
Development, documentation and implementation of Finance processes in line with the Group standards. Compliance with Hungarian statutory requirements, development of internal controls in Finance with an aim to reduce operational risks.
Reporting line to Finance Manager, dotted line to Group Controller.
- 5-7 years in a similar role in multinational company, previous team management experience is a must
- Strong command of Hungarian and English language
- Degree in Finance related field, chartered accounting qualification is a plus
- Ability to work on conflicting priorities, be proactive and self-motivated
- Flexible and open-minded
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty
- Excellent computer skills and solid understanding of accounting software principles
- Good attention to detail, self-starter
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
What we offer
- Permanent, full-time employment
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefit package
- Interesting and challenging work
- Opportunities to develop your professional and language skills and gain valuable practical experience
- Corporate events and team building activities
- A great, supportive, friendly and dynamic working environment
Back to top