Corporate General Counsel
Docler Media is a global technology startup passionate about developing cutting-edge media platforms. Our mission is to create, inspire and share high-quality interactive experiences designed to impact the future of technology. Docler’s rapidly expanding portfolio currently attracts in excess of 50 million unique visitors per year. If you consider yourself a visionary committed to joining a team focused on creating flawlessly designed products and experiences, let’s start a conversation!
What you’ll do:
- Participate in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures and programs and provides continuing counsel and guidance on legal matters and on legal implications of all matters.
- Serve as key lawyer/legal advisor on all major business transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures.
- Judges the merits of major court cases filed against or on behalf of the company, works with the appropriate executive(s) to define a strategic defense and approves settlements of disputes where warranted.
- Assumes ultimate responsibility for ensuring that the company conducts its business in compliance with applicable SEC et al. laws and regulations.
- Structures and manages the company’s internal legal function and staff.
- Oversees the selection, retention, management and evaluation of all outside counsel.
- Advises on legal aspects of the company’s financing, including assessing and advising on current and future business structures and legal entities.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for tenacious experienced General Counsel to manage a broad range of functions at our fast-paced and rapidly growing organization. This position will carry out responsibilities focused on the following areas: Transactional Law, Media and Entertainment Law, Employment Law, Real Estate, and Labor Law to include (international work visa transactions) and more. The ideal candidate must also be a highly adaptable, motivated, and ready to meet any challenge. This is a position for a self-motivated “out-of-the-box” thinker, who has a strong eye for organization, efficiency, and is very detail directed.
Skills & Experience Toolbox:
- 10+ years of experience advising on legal aspects of the company’s financing, including assessing and advising on current and future business structures and legal entities.
- Licensed to practice in California or at least one State of the United States with a qualification to be In-House Counsel in the State of California.
- Counsel Board of Directors, Marketing, Operations, HR, Finance, Sales and Engineering teams
- Negotiate master agreements with media companies, talent, pre and post production companies
- Negotiate corporate and project financing agreements in the renewable energy/infrastructure sector
- Negotiate channel agreements with strategic media partners
- Effectively collaborate with international counsel to provide globally aligned legal advice.
- Remain up-to-date on relevant industry, consumer protection, and high-tech laws to ensure an ongoing ability to provide excellent legal advice.
More about us!
Docler Media is a wholly owned subsidiary of Docler Holdings, headquartered in Luxembourg. Each portfolio entity is committed to developing remarkable, globally-accessible technology products that delight and inspire consumers. Our portfolio employees enjoy a world class benefits and perks designed enhance the employee experience and commitment to excellence.
Current portfolio companies include:
- TAG Channel - A domestic television network
- SonicBox.com - Live-streaming music platform for bourgeoning artists
- Oranum.com - Streaming spiritual community platform
- Elvoline.com - Luxury travel destination site
Docler Media is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top