Business Intelligence Data Engineer
What you will really be doing
- Make sure data is flowing smoothly from source to destination so it can be processed and analyzed by the data analysts easily and efficiently.
- Develop a roadmap using a variety of software and hardware to support the long-term company’s and Business Intelligence’s goals.
- Implement systems for tracking data quality and consistency.
- Work with BI specialists to develop a scalable data visualization platform for self-service BI.
- Able to decide on the needed hardware and software needs and act according to the decisions.
- Architect, Design and develop new systems and tools to enable users to consume and understand data faster.
- Analyze, plan and manage data migrations to Big Data technologies according to business requirements.
- Research and recommend new BI tools.
- Assist with performance tuning.
- Work with the IT system administrators in order to ensure BI’s projects accomplishments.
- Participate and be the back-up for other currently ongoing projects within the BI team.
- Communicate efficiently
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering) or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years of experience delivering Business Intelligence and Big Data solutions required.
- Strong understanding of virtual machine technologies, physical machines, networking and storage systems.
- Experience architecting, building and maintaining new BI systems in order to support the ever-growing analytical needs of the business.
- Experience designing and launching big data initiatives from the ground up.
- Knowledgeable in Big Data and Analytics use cases and solution design patterns, integration frameworks and best practices for architecting enterprise data platforms.
- Experience with several databases, including SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, Vertica, etc.
- Advanced SQL developer.
- Advanced level skill with the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Extensive experience with cloud solutions, including Amazon and Microsoft services.
- Both strategic and in-depth technical understanding of BI/DW architectures.
- Development experience in PHP.
- Good understanding of ETL and reporting tools, SSIS and SRRS preferred.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Ability to problem-solve and work independently in a changing and multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines.
- Team player with leadership skills.
- Excellent time management, organizational, planning and project management skills.
- Fluent in English. Hungarian is a plus.
What we offer
- Competitive salary package
- Relocation package and support
- Additional benefits: meal vouchers, private health insurance, Sympass card
- Conferences, certifications, technical workshops, trainings and language courses
- Possibility to advance in the company (career development, opportunity to work on new projects)
- Latest hardware, multiple monitors
- Chill rooms, creative areas, LAN parties and fun events
- Voted as the second richest country in the world, Luxembourg offers a high quality of life that is hard to match
- Multi-cultural environment, 30 different nationalities, English being the official language
We are a Live video streaming development company, World leader with 35 million daily visitors. Over the past 15 years our company has seen exponential growth with over 1000 employees across 3 continents with headquarters in Luxembourg (photos) and offices in Los Angeles (photos), Budapest (video), Hong Kong and Amsterdam.
Back to top