Building Engineer (Hungarian Fluent Preferred)
Docler Media is a global technology startup passionate about developing cutting-edge media platforms. Our mission is to create, inspire and share high-quality interactive experiences designed to impact the future of technology. Docler’s rapidly expanding portfolio currently attracts in excess of 50 million unique visitors per year. If you consider yourself a visionary committed to joining a team focused on creating flawlessly designed products and experiences, let’s start a conversation!
What you’ll do:
We are looking for an exceptional Building Engineer with an Engineering background and a straightforward creative spirit to manage a portfolio of several commercial and residential properties for our company. This includes all aspects of day-to-day operations of the properties,maintaining invoices, tenant relations, scheduling and management of cleaning, maintenance, repair and improvement, coordination of vendors, handling tenant complaints and service requests. Being familiar with the terms of all leases and an in-depth involvement of property remodeling/ interior design. The Building Engineer will also assist in the preparation of the annual budget as well as monthly reporting, regular maintenance, and financial performance of each property. We are a smaller company with three (3) residential properties and three (3) commercial locations.
- Daily rounds of properties to assess any necessary maintenance and repairs.
- Technical know-how to effectively and efficiently diagnose/resolve building issues.
- Provide excellent tenant customer service. Respond to tenant requests & problems in a timely and courteous manner, envisioning and conceptualizing solutions and improvements.
- Create property budgets, maintenance schedules, and departmental reports.
- Vendor Relations: Generate work orders directed to vendors or maintenance staff. Follow-up with the tenant to ensure satisfactory resolution of the issues.
- Coordination of tenant move-in and move-out, including inventory of all property and personal effects.
- Repairs, ensure safe conditions and regular maintenance of all company properties up to Docler standards and to lease/landlord’s specifications.
- Define scope of work, create workplans, acquiring, evaluating and negotiating bids for necessary services to be provided, coordinate contractor appointments, and oversee work to completion.
- Coordinate with landlords, sub-contractors and associations for items related to our properties including (but not limited to): receiving and submitting estimates, invoices and overseeing project progress and completion
- Coordinate with other property and house staff to ensure smooth operation, timing of repairs and upkeep…delegating tasks as necessary.
- Maintain all property permits, payments and taxes up to date.
- Maintain Spreadsheets and all pertinent maintenance and upkeep information on company database.
Who we’re looking for:
- Expertise in Engineering, Architecture, Interior Design
- Knowledge of building and construction materials, ability to make recommendations to vendors and tenants
- Knowledge of security and technology systems; working knowledge of Crestron a plus
- Technical knowledge of plumbing systems, electrical systems, HVAC and landscaping
- Thorough understanding of property acquisition process
- Exceptional organizational and conceptualization skills
- Extremely detail-directed and proactive
- Exemplary communication and professionalism, systematic approach
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to work with property staff for best operations
- Ability to take direction and function as part of an overall team
Skills & Experience Toolbox:
- 8+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction
- Book of Vendors
What we offer:
A casual work environment.
Strength training and yoga classes are taught twice a week at our in house yoga studio.
Organic fruit delivered fresh twice a week.
Family style lunches are served bi-weekly.
Bi-weekly company hosted happy hours or other team building events.
More about us!
Docler Media is a wholly owned subsidiary of Docler Holdings, headquartered in Luxembourg. Each portfolio entity is committed to developing remarkable, globally-accessible technology products that delight and inspire consumers. Our portfolio employees enjoy a world class benefits and perks designed enhance the employee experience and commitment to excellence.
Docler Holdings is a live video streaming tech company with over 35 million daily users. Over the past 15 years our company has seen exponential growth with over 1000 employees across 3 continents with headquarters in Luxembourg (photos) and offices in Los Angeles (photos), Budapest (video), Hong Kong and Amsterdam.
Current portfolio includes:
SonicBox.com – Live-streaming music platform for bourgeoning artists
Oranum.com – Streaming spiritual community platform
Elvoline.com – Luxury travel destination site
VU2- Live-streaming Mobile Social Media App.
Docler Media is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Docler Media's Employees
As Office Manager, Leslie works behind the scenes to make sure the work space is functional, that the staff has necessary supplies, and that the office keeps happily humming along.
Back to top