BI Business Analyst and Project Manager
What you will really be doing
- Developing project scopes and objectives for the BI department to fulfill the business needs for a wide range of companies and departments, involving all the required stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility and resource availability.
- Create and maintain comprehensive functional project documentation and track progress.
- Analyze, validate, specify, verify, and manage the requirements of the project stakeholders in an agile way, using JIRA, Confluence, Scrum framework and meetings and workshops with the stakeholders.
- Assess source data quality and prepare specifications for ETL SSIS processes.
- Audit quality across Business Intelligence systems and prepare specifications for data cleansing.
- Be responsible for the data governance within the BI department.
- Recommend maintenance enhancements to data acquisition processes to improve quality of BI data.
- Manage the technical implementation of new data feeds.
- Perform cross organizational data analysis.
- Create, develop and maintain project specific and enterprise data models.
- Define monitoring tools requirements.
- Become a BI ambassador helping the company to become more data driven by holding trainings for business users on BI tools, helping them to understand complex analysis, showing them the wide range of possibilities offered by the BI team to support their business needs, being an initiator of the necessary projects to meet these objectives and managing them efficiently to deliver excellent results.
- Support the team in the implementation of Big Data projects, creating requirements, researching new technologies, dealing with providers and managing the project itself.
- Participate in the current ongoing projects within the BI team, creating requirements and supporting the other team members.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, etc.) or equivalent experience required.
- Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts such as priority management, decompose high-level information into technical details, abstract up from low-level information to a business understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- 3+ years’ experience as business analyst/project manager on Business Intelligence related projects.
- Fluent in SQL query development.
- Experience working with SSIS and SSRS.
- Experience working with visualization tools. Tableau is a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience on Big Data implementations is a plus.
- Listening skills, to understand what business and technical people say. Interviewing and questioning skills, to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to create a collaborative environment and influence people to move toward a common goal.
- Ability to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders.
- Creativity, to propose requirements and solutions.
- Ability to problem-solve and work independently in a changing and multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines.
- Team player.
- Excellent time management, organizational, planning and project management skills.
- Fluent in English. Hungarian is a plus.
What we offer
- Competitive salary package
- Relocation package and support
- Additional benefits: meal vouchers, private health insurance, Sympass card
- Conferences, certifications, technical workshops, trainings and language courses
- Possibility to advance in the company (career development, opportunity to work on new projects)
- Latest hardware, multiple monitors
- Chill rooms, creative areas, LAN parties and fun events
- Voted as the second richest country in the world, Luxembourg offers a high quality of life that is hard to match
- Multi-cultural environment, 30 different nationalities, English being the official language
We are a Live video streaming development company, World leader with 35 million daily visitors. Over the past 15 years our company has seen exponential growth with over 1000 employees across 3 continents with headquarters in Luxembourg (photos) and offices in Los Angeles (photos), Budapest (video), Hong Kong and Amsterdam.
Meet Some of Docler Media's Employees
As Office Manager, Leslie works behind the scenes to make sure the work space is functional, that the staff has necessary supplies, and that the office keeps happily humming along.
Back to top