Legal Marketing Associate
About DOAR, Inc.
DOAR is legal consulting company that advises lawyers involved in high profile, complex, high stakes criminal and civil legal disputes. Headquartered in midtown New York City with offices in downtown Los Angeles, DOAR has been involved in many of the most notable and closely-watched cases filed over the past 25+ years. DOAR’s consultants are experts in litigation strategy, and in the testing, preparation and retention of academic and industry experts who work with DOAR to develop winning strategies. Our consulting teams are comprised of individuals with degrees in social psychology, communications, engineering, graphic design, technology and the law. Based on sound research methods, we advise our clients re: risk, valuation, settlement considerations and trial strategies in cases all over the world pending in state and federal courts, arbitration and international forums such as the IACC and the World Bank. Our research informs the development of the most effective communications strategies to clearly present our clients’ positions and to persuade the ultimate triers of fact to rule in our clients’ favor. We create compelling presentations and use the most progressive audio/visual technologies to deliver those presentations and support the lawyers’ arguments.
We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to add value to our consulting teams and to work with us to expand our network of academic and industry experts. DOAR provides its employees with unique challenges and opportunities to work with some of the world’s top lawyers and experts on many of the most interesting, high profile cases.
Our Legal Marketing Associates provide sales & marketing support to senior members of the DOAR Expert Witness Consulting (EWC) Team and our CEO. The primary focus of a Legal Marketing Associate is to set meetings for senior members of the EWC team, and DOAR’s CEO, with the goal to promote DOAR and our expert witness consulting services. This is accomplished by utilizing a combination of email marketing, outbound calling, and various social media strategies. The Legal Marketing Associate plays a key role in setting up and attending EWC Lunch & Learns, conferences, tradeshows and events. Aside from these duties, our Legal Marketing Associates monitor-- case dockets, legal news, trends and changes in the legal industry and apprise team members of such changes.
- Makes outbound calls and utilizes email marketing to set meetings for senior members of the EWC team and CEO with the goal to generate new client relationships.
- Conducts legal research, including legal news and dockets in search of potential short-term and long-term opportunities for DOAR EWC.
- Actively prospects for new sales opportunities with tools such as Dockets, Law360, LinkedIn, etc.
- Supports other business development, sales and marketing initiatives.
- Attends court scheduled case management conferences.
- Attends legal conferences, events and tradeshows.
- Handles multiple projects simultaneously, with high sense of urgency.
- Drives various marketing programs such as lunch & learns for senior members of our EWC team and CEO.
- Provides follow-up to sales meetings conducted by senior members of the EWC team and our CEO to assure continued customer contact and follow-through.
- Coordinates with the Vice President of EWC to develop and grow a rigorous pipeline, with accurate forecasting.
- Captures and records customer information and sales activity data into Bullhorn (CRM).
- Obtains competitive information during daily contacts and distributes as appropriate so as to develop sales strategies.
- Assumes other responsibilities as required by management.
The successful candidate must have strong legal research skills, impeccable written and verbal communication skills, be highly motivated and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, initiative and independence in supporting EWC on a wide variety of complex issues, legal research, marketing and sales initiatives. A high level of legal analytical and organizational skills is required in order to identify emerging legal trends, potential client prospects, and to execute tasks as necessary. Most important is to aspire to be the best, take on new challenges as well as the desire to over-achieve.
- Law Degree preferred.
- A sales background is a plus but the desire to learn sales will be acceptable.
- Must have superior legal research skills as well as being adept at using Legal News Sources, and Legal Research Sources such as Westlaw/Lexis/Bloomberg/Law360 and conducting dockets research.
- Experience supporting “C” level executives or law firm partners.
- Must have superior computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. A strong knowledge of databases and/or litigation support applications is a plus.
- Experience in handling sensitive/confidential business matters and information with discretion and professionalism.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and meet deadlines in a fast paced and complex environment.
- Desire to learn sales process and to take on sales goals.
- Must have a polished and professional demeanor.
- Ability to work nights and weekends on occasion.
Back to top