About DOAR, Inc.
DOAR is legal consulting company that advises lawyers involved in high profile, complex, high stakes criminal and civil legal disputes. Headquartered in midtown New York City with offices in downtown Los Angeles, DOAR has been involved in many of the most notable and closely-watched cases filed over the past 25+ years. DOAR’s consultants are experts in litigation strategy, and in the testing, preparation and retention of academic and industry experts who work with DOAR to develop winning strategies. Our consulting teams are comprised of individuals with degrees in social psychology, communications, engineering, graphic design, technology and the law. Based on sound research methods, we advise our clients re: risk, valuation, settlement considerations and trial strategies in cases all over the world pending in state and federal courts, arbitration and international forums such as the IACC and the World Bank. Our research informs the development of the most effective communications strategies to clearly present our clients’ positions and to persuade the ultimate triers of fact to rule in our clients’ favor. We create compelling presentations and use the most progressive audio/visual technologies to deliver those presentations and support the lawyers’ arguments.
We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to add value to our consulting teams and to work with us to expand our network of academic and industry experts. DOAR provides its employees with unique challenges and opportunities to work with some of the world’s top lawyers and experts on many of the most interesting, high profile cases.
DOAR Graphic Designers are responsible for creating effective and persuasive visual demonstratives by working in collaboration with DOAR Consultants on the best approaches for conveying core case themes and strategic arguments.
- Meet with DOAR consultants and /or clients to understand the scope of the project and the message that must be communicated.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, select style and size of type, and arrange layout based on available space and aesthetic design concepts.
- Review designs and presentations for errors before presenting them to the trial team.
- Present the design to the trial team.
- Incorporate changes recommended by the trial team into the final design.
- Meet all established deadlines.
- Associate degree in a related field of study from a two-year college or technical school, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two to four years of experience in graphic design with multi-media content including audio, video and animated content.
- Expert skills in PowerPoint with the ability to create sophisticated animated presentations, timelines, charts & graphs.
- Ability to manage own time, meet deadlines, ensure quality control and work in a collaborative team environment.
- Proficiency in Photoshop & Illustrator
DOAR is an equal opportunity employer. DOAR will not discriminate, or tolerate discrimination, on the basis of race, creed, sex, color, national origin/ancestry, gender, age, religion, genetic information, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, expression or identity, political activity, criminal accusation, domestic violence victim status, use of a service animal, use of tobacco products, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. DOAR’s policy and practice is to recruit, hire, assign, advance, compensate, develop, train, and retain applicants and/or employees solely on the basis of qualifications and contributions to our business, and all employment decisions will be administered in a nondiscriminatory manner.
Meet Some of DOAR's Employees
As a consultant at DOAR, Maria works with lawyers to develop concepts for how they can better present their materials in cases to jurors and judges.
Back to top