Business Development Associate
DOAR is a legal consulting company that advises lawyers involved in high profile, complex, high stakes criminal and civil court cases. With offices in downtown Los Angeles and mid-town Manhattan, DOAR has been involved in many notable and closely-watched trials over the past 25+ years. Our consultants have post graduate degrees in social psychology, communications, engineering, graphic design, technology and the law and rely on proven methods and years of experience to provide trial strategy recommendations to our clients. DOAR consultants conduct focus group and mock trial research, develop graphics and use video to help trial lawyers present the most effective case presentation on behalf of their clients to juries across the country in state and federal courts. We create compelling presentations and use the most progressive audio/visual technologies to deliver those presentations and support the lawyers’ arguments. DOAR provides its employees with unique challenges and opportunities to work with some of the world’s top trial lawyers on many of their most interesting and high profile cases. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to add value to our consulting teams.
DOAR Business Development Associates are a key component to our businesses development strategy. They have the opportunity to drive sustainable sales within a regional customer base. Under the direction of the President, this person will partner with the executive team to coordinate high impact events, and build brand affinity for channel partners, influencers, and decision makers.
- Qualify and initiate sales leads and disseminate these to the appropriate Managing Directors.
- Coordinate the sale of DOAR consultancy services through multiple service lines, utilizing key events and activities that drive long term; sustainable growth.
- Collaborate with the executive team to develop, plan and implement the market strategic plan.
- Build effective sales relationships to strengthen DOAR’s position within the account and leverage against competition.
- Work in conjunction with the executive team to facilitate sales calls, face to face meetings and attend industry events when needed.
- Provide market intelligence and feedback to management on competition and competitive trends while recommending product and program enhancements to improve DOAR’s competitive position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communication or related field and 2-4 years of successful experience in sales or marketing working with end users in a professional environment.
- A familiarity with the Los Angeles and Orange County markets is necessary. Knowledge of the litigation market is a plus.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and the ability to recognize opportunity and capitalize on it.
- Strong presentation skills, business acumen and savvy computer skills with web applications for remote communication and presentation is required.
- Possess superior negotiation skills and have a proven track record partnering within their industry to create new business opportunities.
- The right candidate will have the ability to learn and adapt quickly to effectively access high-level decision makers and provide multifaceted solutions to litigation problems.
Back to top