VP - TVE & VOD
Leads MVPD related products, TVE / VOD for Discovery. Reporting to the SVP/GM, this leader is responsible for growing revenue and audience across the digital distribution portfolio and being a key liaison between the network groups, digital, ad sales, and domestic distribution.
1. Partner with SVP/GM to meaningfully grow the TVE / VOD business.
2. Oversee the roadmap and business requirements for TVE across 9 branded products; DiscoveryGO, TLCGO, Animal Planet GO, IDGO, SciGO, VelocityGO, AHCGO and LifeGO
3. Work closely with engineering team to deliver world-class products that set an industry standard
4. Oversee the STB-based VOD business / product including programming model
5. Key KPI’s included monetization and engagement -- Drive an understanding of metrics and use analytics to inform the digital strategy on streams, watch-time, engagement, and find trends that help inform programming cross platform.
6. Work closely with the US nets programming teams on programming Discovery’s networks cross platform and ensuring driving value back to the linear networks.
7. Oversee and manage partnerships with key third party vendors (e.g. VOD Aggregators, DAI insertion technology partners, antipiracy, etc.).
8. Work closely & partner with Ad Sales to monetize ad supported platforms as a lead POC on TVE/VOD and responsible for growing subscriber base and streams to increase watch-time driving more ad supported inventory.
9. Act as a strategic advisor to digital management team, effectively voicing fact-based insights and recommendations on issues relating to business goals and strategies.
10. Lead team in performing interpretive analyses to transform data into valuable information. Communicate findings through written and stand-up presentations within digital, US TV nets, domestic distribution, and research.
11. Attend client meetings and present cross-platform programming priorities to key digital and domestic distribution clients helping secure promotion and placement for upcoming stunts/series.
12. Monitor and drive competitive and industry best practices to keep team abreast of key industry trends.
13. Oversee a high performing P&L and work closely with senior finance teams on driving revenue as well as finding efficiencies to reduce costs.
14. Provide thought leadership, share best practices across teams
15. Recruit, develop and lead a top performing digital team
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field required
Minimum 10 years’ work experience in digital from digital distribution perspective
Strategic thinker with the ability to identify and implement process improvements, connecting the dots to ensure disparate efforts to ladder up to larger opportunities for the business as a whole
Knowledge of, passion for and experience working in digital media
Broad-based thinking about new and innovative ways that brands can engage with existing and prospective Clients
Strong analytical skills with the ability to look at the broader perspective as it relates to business strategy and use the data to create thoughtful recommendations
Strong interpersonal skills, influence management and collaborative working style – ability to inspire, motivate and lead cross-functional teams to achieve goals
Results driven, ensuring short-term goals are achieved that support long-term initiatives
Entrepreneurial and energetic – engaged in new trends and ideas, keeps abreast of digital innovations; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and bring clarity and structure to ambiguous situations
Diligent about the details; gets hands dirty – enjoys rolling up sleeves and figuring things out
Work experience in Entertainment / Television a plus
Must have the legal right to work in the US
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top