VP - Program Sourcing & Digital Content
• The VP of Programming, Sourcing and Acquisitions is responsible for managing the sourcing of internal and external content for the entire portfolio, working with DNI and DCI, and managing direct reports focused on factual, lifestyle and kids pipelines (kids TBC).
• Provides direction and support for the department’s key programming and media planning decision-making for the entire Latin America/USH portfolio, partnering with the CCO, VPs of Content and local programming and media planning teams.
• Key liaison with Business and Legal Affairs, Production Management, Production (including Solutions), and Content Operations departments.
1. Responsible with CCO for the most effective allocation of programming resources across the portfolio.
2. Responsible for the programming department’s main operational functions – management of program acquisitions, budget oversight, and programme tracking, working with VP of Content Ops as needed, and advising CCO on issues of efficiency and ROI for the department.
3. VP and his/her team will be responsible for developing best practices across the region as it pertains to programming, advising the programming teams and regional channel heads on all strategic and tactical decisions regarding program supply
4. With PSA team, manage relationships with DNI and 3rd party vendors as it pertains to program sourcing and acquisitions. Manage program inventory selection and initial negotiations alongside BA for all major programming deals.
5. Partner with CCO, VP of Production and regional content teams as it pertains to all productions, including co-pros and local commissions.
6. Consult with CCO, Content Ops, Strategy and regional channel teams on ad hoc channel/feed launches and new business initiatives
7. Key liaison with the Research Department on all matters of programming and portfolio performance throughout the region
8. Key liaison with Production department, including Solutions, both editorially and as relates to processes.
9. Key liaison with Business and Legal Affairs, both related to deals and processes.
10. Key liaison with Production Management, both related to budgets and processes.
11. Key liaison with Ad Sales departments, especially related to Solutions.
12. Key liaison with Content Operations department and Network Operations Team as it pertains to program editing, standards and practices, language customization, QC issues and program delivery/delays.
An inspiring and creative leader in the Programming space, with a minimum of 10-15 years of experience specifically in Programming, Program Sourcing and/or Acquisitions in Latin America/USH territories
Talented at developing relationships and building trust
Proven ability and passion for developing and coaching teams
A strategic, mature and independent thinker with sound judgment
Strong project management skills
Strong written and oral communications skills
Bachelors degree a minimum.
Spanish and/or Portuguese bilingual proficiency required.
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
Back to top