VP Marketing Strategy & Partnerships
Develop and implement robust partner marketing strategy for Discovery’s portfolio of US Networks. Oversee all aspects of Discovery’s relationships with top MSO partners, including network sales efforts, strategic marketing initiatives and new product launches. Establish and maintain strong, consultative relationships with internal and external key stakeholders with a core focus on maximizing the value of Discovery’s networks. Build extensive fluency in all aspects of client businesses and priorities, relaying those priorities back to DCI and developing strategy and executional tactics in accordance.
1. Develop strategies and initiatives that leverage internal assets to build value and support distribution for the Discovery portfolio of networks, on-going programming objectives, affiliate relationships, and contract renewal negotiations.
2. Manage relationships across DCI divisions to ensure effective collaboration and development of innovative partnerships that drive network goals as well as corporate priorities.
3. Analyze market needs and consumer behaviors/sentiment in order to develop highly competitive brand strategy, alliances, and consumer messaging.
4. Establish and maintain effective relationships with senior affiliate corporate marketing clients; have a thorough knowledge of each distribution partners’ marketing priorities and challenges in order to understand how best to leverage DCI assets.
5. Create synergies across brands and divisions designed to extend campaign efforts further by leveraging affiliate relationships/platforms and internal assets.
6. Lead corporate strategy and project management for contract renewal contingency planning including press, media, programming, public affairs, marketing, online, education, creative, social, etc.)
7. Establish and analyze key performance indicators for each partner campaign to measure effectiveness, ROI (internal and external) and define best practices.
8. Monitor and analyze trends around OTT/TVE and technology advancements. Provide recommendations for how we can leverage new platforms to drive engagement, brand loyalty and ratings.
9. Develop, pitch, negotiate and lead implementation of account-specific strategic initiatives (e.g. marketing, ad sales, new product rollouts), working closely with DCI corporate and network management to maximize value to both DCI and our affiliate partners, all the while supporting DCI’s competitive leadership.
10. Support all major channel programming initiatives by developing creative marketing strategies and campaigns that drive distribution goals, enhance DCI brands with distribution partners/viewers and deliver tune-in to help drive ratings.
11. On-going comprehensive analysis of competitive landscape to inform direction of campaigns that drive desired consumer behaviors and affinity.
12. Apply marketplace best practices for promotion planning including tracking and analysis of network consumer activations, tent-pole programming events/stunts, Corporate Social Responsibility outreach and other strategic partnerships.
13. Full oversight of marketing budget, and responsibility for hitting annual budget targets, while managing in the best interest of DCI.
14. Establish deep expertise in dynamics at both the industry and the account levels
15. Maintain up-to-date information on critical account characteristics: earnings reports, transactions, management, subscriber growth/loss, packaging, etc.
16. Communicate industry and account activity back to DCI, meaningfully contributing to development of company goals and strategy
17. Strategic thinking, the development of creative solutions, and sales / relationship management skills will all be critical – overall this person will need to be very versatile and flexible.
Minimum of 8-10 years marketing experience, with demonstrated expertise in the creation, development & management innovative partnership programs.
Must have solid understanding of social media environment and demonstrated track record of achieving success in a sales-based environment.
Must be comfortable in fast-paced department and possess ability to quickly adjust priorities in response to dynamic sales environment.
Demonstrated competency in guiding/managing external vendors & multiple 3rd party partners.
Previous experience with consumer marketing in media industry a plus.
Solid management experience.
Ability to set clear & achievable goals/deadlines; to incent collaboration within department and to be an active and accessible coach.
Enthusiastic, energetic self-starter, with strong ability to multi-task.
Strong presentation & interpersonal skills.
Some travel required (apx. 20-25%.)
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Back to top