VP Global Lifestyle & Retail
The VP of Global Fashion & Retail will drive key fashion, lifestyle and softlines strategy including Apparel, Accessories, Footwear & Home, by building relationships with the world’s top retailers, and creating a vision for Discovery and its key iniaitives to become competitive lifestyle brands globally. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing strategic business plans and retailer relationships; driving the fashion and retail strategy, collaborating with DGE global licensing team, ad sales, creative, product development teams to drive retai sales growth in support of long-term business objectives.
1. Define the ethos of the Lifestyle brand(s,)what they mean, what the brand is/is not, how we translate the brand into products and where to buy.
2. Analyze softlines business performance, and develop growth objectives that are aligned with Discovery’s initiatives across category and franchises
3. Develop and implement multi- channel global Fashion & Home product category strategies, merchandising, creative, product development to tie back to brand plans to ensure that licensing & collaboration with sales team are maximized and goals met.
4. Execute strategies and initiatives that deliver specified financial goals for Discovery’s Consumer Products RETAIL business for our Licensed merchandise and DTR businesses.
5. Develop licensing relationships to meet and exceed predetermined revenue targets and growth objectives.
6. Develop new business opportunities for softlines
7. Help enhance ecommerce strategy that links to our biggest retail partners
8. Increase global licensing profitability by developing strategic DTRs with Fast Fashion retailers including Uniqlo, H+M, Benetton, Zara, etc.
9. Explore franchise model for Animal Planet and Discovery Stores globally, Overseeing existing Discovery Store in Dubai, deal improvement and possible expansion
Product Development/Marketing/ Retail:
10. Expand and own global strategy for Discovery Adventures and Discovery Expedition licensing programs for apparel, luggage, bedding, home, HBA etc.
11. Source halo fashion partners for retail licensing deals that will create buzz and inspiration for the mid and mass softlines and hardlines businesses
12. Direct retail marketing plans
13. Source and negotiate franchising, DTR and wholesale deals with key movers and shakers in the global retail arena
14. Support licensees with regular retail road shows
15. Lead the development of new apparel, footwear and accessories licensing partnerships for Discovery Adventures, Discovery Expeditions, Discovery Kids, Animal Planet, Shark Week, and other sub-brands globally
16. Assess existing softlines licensing partners and retail partners,
17. Identify and cultivate potential licensees and brand collaborations. Negotiate business terms and contracts through to execution.
18. Strategic management of global soft-lines product and brand standards
19. Oversight of soft-lines and retail deals; contractual obligations and compliance.
20. Work in tandem with Discovery Enterprise objectives, create annual financial plans for soft-line and hard-line business and tactics to meet revenue goals.
21. Work with internal creative to set trend direction and make recommendations for key driver new product and collections.
22. Partner with Digital Products team including e commerce product management, marketing, operations, social media and creative
23. Work closely with global sales heads to effectively manage licensing of Fashion & Home category process to drive sales at retail.
24. Collaborate with internal Ad Sales and Digital partners to develop cohesive programs and unique opportunities with key global retailers
Desired Skills and Experience
25. Experience and high level relationships with global retail accounts
26. fashion and or entertainment licensing- fashion category experience
27. Strong softgoods background preferred, with experience in assortment planning, branding, trends, sell in, and sells through, customer buying patterns, pricing, and in store merchandising.
28. Superior analytical, problem solving skills.
29. Savvy at collaborating with others internally and externally to support and drive Discovery brand awareness at retail.
30. Ability to solve unexpected challenges, break bottlenecks and challenge the status quo.
31. Capable of working on several projects simultaneously and maintains flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
32. Strong presentation skills with proven ability to present to buyers, licensees, and senior management required.
Minimum 10 years soft-goods fashion category Managmennt experience in either licensing and/or manufacturing background.
Strong sales skills: relationship building, presentations, influencing skills
Strong strategic, analytical and planning skills
Ability to engage with senior level executives
35-40% travel required.
BA required and Business and/or Merchandising preferred
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
Back to top