VP Digital Media & Customer Retention
The SVP Digital Media and Customer Retention will report into the EVP/GM of Discovery digital with responsibility to drive sales, profitable growth, loyalty and churn mitigation for all of our digital brands and products in the portfolio. We are looking for a results driven leader with experience in driving transformational change, establishing teams and processes, challenging the status quo, and collaboratively partnering with stakeholders.
This leader will bring a sophisticated data-driven approach, constantly uncovering insights and trends to build strategies that both drive and retain audiences for our TVE, SVOD and TVOD services. A strong understanding of direct marketing including SEO, display and social media along with experience developing proactive strategies in churn mitigation tactics is a must.
1. Define acquisition strategies, identify the most efficient CPA opportunities and continually optimize to drive streams, length of tune, sell thru rate and subscriber growth. Collaborate with Analytics, Marketing and IT teams to develop online and App activities that continually improve customer acquisition and return visits.
2. Develop segmentation strategies to establish effective acquisition tactics across platforms including product offering, pricing, audience targeting, creative presentation, conversion funnel testing and attribution modeling to effectively invest marketing dollars.
3. Coordinate and guide product teams for all product launches ensuring proper tagging, SEO friendliness and audience development best practices.
4. Constantly drive analysis and learnings around the latest evolutions in the search and paid media landscape.
5. Develop voluntary and involuntary churn strategy to drive customer loyalty, return visits and mitigate churn. Engage internal and external resources to establish churn propensity models and lifetime value models to better information opportunities for investment.
6. Track and review campaign performance and generate recommendations based on learnings, established best practices and competitive landscape
7. Act as a subject-matter expert with business unit counterparts and on cross functional projects
8. Put in place infrastructure, systems and reports to support the success of the sales function
10+ years of digital and direct marketing experience
Experience in media marketing, web analytics, digital or agency experience with a BA or equivalent.
Demonstrated innovation in creating new digital marketing strategies and tactics and have strong execution skills.
Strong leadership skills, communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as lead cross-functional teams is required
Ability to learn quickly, work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously and deal with rapidly changing priorities.
Diligent about the details; gets hands dirty – enjoys rolling up sleeves and figuring things out
* Must have legal right to work in the US.
Back to top