VP - Consumer Insights & Strat Research
The Vice President, Consumer Insights & Strategic Research is responsible for managing all aspects of advertising sales research in support of Discovery Networks’ advertising sales group (including Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, OWN, etc.) The VP manages the day to day responsibilities of the Strategic Research team and lead in developing and executing key audience analysis for ad sales across Discovery’s linear and non-linear platforms.
1. Support the Senior Vice-President of Consumer Insights & Strategic Research in; executing strategic DCI brand positioning, industry trends for senior management, evaluating current and future data support systems, refining DCI’s multiplatform measurement capabilities.
2. Provide guidance for sales research staff (Directors, Managers, Strategists, Associates, Analysts) in daily and “big picture” functions such as creating sales positioning presentations for the networks, in fulfilling sales requests in a timely fashion. Sets group priorities and targets.
3. Interact on a daily basis with sales management, account executives and interdepartmentally on issues regarding DCI performance in maximizing revenue potential.
4. Represent DCI Ad Sales Research at various industry meetings and conferences and participate in industry committees. These include; Nielsen Media Research, The MRC (Media Ratings Council- Board and TV Committees, The ARF (Advertising Research Foundation).
5. Partner with Discovery’s various research teams on ad hoc projects, such as working with VP of Audience Measurement and Innovation to implement audience measurement strategies for ad sales.
Minimum of twelve years’ experience in an ad-supported industry such as cable, new media or place-based advertising.
BS/BA degree required.
Must have experience in the development of innovative sales research positioning strategies across multiple networks.
Strong project and people management skills.
Excellent presentation skills.
Possess the ability to respond to disparate needs and timetables.
Intimate experience with various quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and research tools necessary, including Nielsen Media Research, comScore/Rentrak, MRI/Simmons, Google Analytics.
Must have legal right to work in the United States
Back to top