VP - Brand Partnerships and Sales
The VP Brand Partnerships and Sales will lead the strategic development and acquisition of custom and branded content sales for Discovery Digital Networks and its associated brands including Seeker, SourceFed Studios and The DeFranco Network. The position will report into the EVP/GM Discovery Digital Networks. We are looking for an innovative leader with an entrepreneurial spirit who can drive strong revenue growth for DDN via highly effective brand partnerships that deliver exceptional results for clients and DDN. This job could be based in New York or Los Angeles.
1. Identify, cultivate and secure revenue driving brand partnerships
2. Creatively package and position Discovery Digital Network brands and offerings in a highly effective and distinct manner
3. Establish best-in-class ad sales team for branded content and bespoke solutions.
4. Work cross-functionally with digital Programming, Marketing, Research, and Communications groups as well as DCI Ad Sales Management and Sales Executives to deliver strategic digital solutions and generate sales.
5. Responsible for deeloping customized marketing collateral for client presentations and pitches; attend senior level client-facing meetings as needed.
6. Strategically respond to marketplace demands and opportunities by developing a steady pipeline of new sales opportunities.
7. Serve as a key member of the Discovery Digital Networks management team assisting in guiding the strategic direction and results for the division as a whole.
8. Establish and cultivate critical relationships with key external and internal business partners.
9. Interface with digital Programming, Marketing, Research, and Communications groups as well as DCI Ad Sales Management and Sales Executives.
10. Develop, lead, and motivate direct and indirect reports.
Candidate must have 7+ years-related experience in Digital Sales/ Marketing Solutions role and a strong track record of delivering meaningful sales growth.
Must possess a deep history and knowledge of digital media, content strategy, advertising, social media, influencer marketing, branded entertainment and ad operations. Be considered a thought leader in digital media and social media video advertising internally and externally.
Strong conceptual and creative selling skills
Established managerial skills and a proven track record of building highly effective teams
Strong knowledge of research and market data analysis from Nielsen, comScore and Tubular and the impact on strategic positioning
Must be an excellent storyteller with outstanding written and presentation skills.
Thorough knowledge of and deep experience in implementing, measuring, and optimizing campaigns that include: Custom and native across all platforms.
Approx 30% Travel will be required for client meetings and regional office visits
BA degree or equivalent required, Master’s degree preferred
Must have legal right to work in the US
Back to top