Visual Design INternship - Spring 2017
Calling all Curiosity Seekers:
The Discovery INternship Program is on a mission to find the most ambitious, most creative, and most passionate students to #GetDiscovered and become a #DiscoveryINtern.
Through the Discovery INternship Program, you’ll have the unique opportunity to learn about the entertainment and media industry from the leader in global entertainment through a paid 12-week internship.
Here’s what we offer:
- Getting your hands dirty with real work and project experiences
- Mentorship from Discovery’s best and brightest
- INtern Speaker Series with executives and employees across the business
- Networking opportunities usually with great snacks
- A creative, collaborative company culture with office spaces to match
- Oh, and lots of swag
Here’s what you’ll take away:
- Skills you didn’t know you had
- The inside scoop on the TV industry and what happens behind the camera
- Relationships that will go beyond your college career
- Real life experiences that will prepare you for your next adventure
- Did we mention swag? Lots of it.
Here are the details:
- This spring, our 12 week semester will be held from January 30th 2017 through April 21st 2017.
- Our INternships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required, however we will provide documentation if necessary.
- The application deadline is November 15th. After this date we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
- Is a cover letter required? Nope! Please show us your passion for the position through your resume and preliminary questions we ask.
Interviewing will take place from October through December. A Discovery INtern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position.
Discovery Communications is a family of 13 stellar U.S. networks including Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, Science Channel, Discovery Family Channel, American Heroes Chanel, Velocity, Destination America and Discovery Life Channel and two Hispanic brands in the U.S.—Discovery en Español and Discovery Familia. Extending across platforms, Seeker and SourceFed Studios continues Discovery Communications’ tradition of storytelling digitally. What we do digitally and on TV, Discovery Education does in classrooms by delivering high-quality, engaging content that transforms, empowers educators and captivates students.
Are you IN?
Discovery’s Digital Creative Services team operates as an internal agency for clients and brands focused on designing and developing immersive experiences for the web across Discovery’s networks. Comprised of a Creative Director, Visual Designers, and a Developer, this team works in tandem to leverage the latest design advancements and cutting-edge technologies to create compelling advertsing experiences. The Visual Design INtern will get to work in a fun, fast-paced, and collaborative team environment gaining hands-on design and production experience.
As a Visual Design INtern, some of the awesome things you could work on include:
• Creating and designing user experiences for Discovery’s consumers and advertisers with the opportunity to design actual campaign elements across the entire portfolio of Discovery’s networks
• Bring your visual design projects to life using advanced digital technologies
• Work within a fun collaborative team that operates as an internal agency and includes a Creative Director, Senior Visual Designers, Front-End Developers, and external vendors
• Management of a virtual library
Must be currently enrolled as a full time student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
* Must be a rising Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
* Ideal candidate will possess a knowledge and understanding of web design, user experience design, typography and layout. You’re a forward thinker that excels at pushing the envelope creatively through expertise, best practices, and efficient design workflow.
If you do not meet the requirements stated above, please do not submit your resume.
Thanks for your interest in Discovery’s INternship program! We look forward to reviewing your submission.
Back to top